• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's That Time Again..

177 posts in this topic

Just because he's made over 40 posts since he left doesn't mean he hasn't become a man and put away childish things, does it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Was that surgery this week?

Ouch, that'll leave a mark! boo.gif

My guess is he finally got a job and figured he would be too busy, but then realized that he still has a lot of time on his hands after cleaning out the deep fryers and taking the trash out to the dumpster. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wow, I check on here to see about a few outstanding forum deals, and see the usual nerds hard at work. Do you ultra-geeks even have a life? 27_laughing.gif

To spell it out to the less-intelligent (banner, nerf, drice, tth2, etc.) in the crowd:

1) As many know, and as I posted on here, my official "board departure" was start of business Monday January 22, 2007. Sure, I posted with some lead-time, but my weekend plans fell through due to weather.

2) Starting on Monday, I had posted 7 times in 2 threads (8 now I guess Christo_pull_hair.gif) - a few Thanos corrections and some risque covers. Yes, my bad, but hardly the 40+ posts some m0rons are stating. screwy.gif

3) The reason for this is that I continued to come to the forums to check on some outstanding forum deals and track certain user posts to see if they were active - I'm sure if I didn't, and just took off without paying, I'd be formally roasted by the forum nerds - damned if I do, damned if I don't.

4) Yes, I do regret those seven posts, but 3 were for a Thanos thread and I had a few risque covers sitting on the HD I thought people might enjoy - so sue me. confused-smiley-013.gif

5) I believe my business dealings on here are all officially cleared up, and I can *finally* get away from the place - and best of all, not have to read the infantile krap posted by Banner and his Band of Mental Midgets.

Get a life guys, seriously.

My guess is he finally got a job and figured he would be too busy, but then realized that he still has a lot of time on his hands after cleaning out the deep fryers and taking the trash out to the dumpster. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things"

After much deliberation, I have recently taken on a "new opportunity" that will require a lot of my time and effort, and like the other periods in my life where I required total focus, hobbies are the first to go.

I wish all of you well (except for Deathlok, tth2 and Shadrock) but don't worry, I'll probably be back in a few years - likely just in time to sell my books at pennies on the 2007 dollar. grin.gif

Is JC leaving for War on the far side of the moon on an interplanetary long ship with no Internet connection?

What am I missing here? We are all busy, We all need to get more work done, and post less.. But even I eat lunch and usually do that while I surf the net. I answer PM's and emails several times a day and pop on the boards to see what is going on(which is normally not much)

So why the big, "I am busy with a new venture and I am leaving you all forever spiel?"

If you read a comic book once a week, if you watch a TV show every other day, you have time to come online and chat with your friends if you wanted to. If you need to cut clean your addiction because there is no middle area with you.. then say so, I could understand and appreciate that. But you didnt say that, you mentioned "putting away childish things" and said it an insulting over the top childish manner.

So please just go slink away into the sunset if you want to. There is no need to make any reasons or excuses why you are staying, going, lurking, or whatever.

Nobody cares.

You are the King of All drama queens. We will miss your flair for all things grumpy and we salute you.

hail.gif

See ya in a month, or week, a year.. or whatever.

Ze-

[quoteYou are the King of All drama queens. We will miss your flair for all things grumpy and we salute you.

hail.gif

See ya in a month, or week, a year.. or whatever.

Ze-

AMEN, Brother...................... sumo.gif

Wow, I check on here to see about a few outstanding forum deals, and see the usual nerds hard at work. Do you ultra-geeks even have a life?

Wait.

You have more than 30,000 posts on a comic book message board, go around correcting people on the origin and history of Thanos and you're calling others "nerds" and "ultra-geeks"?

27_laughing.gif

I probably would have enjoyed hanging out with Joe back in the 80's. I read a lot of X-Men back then. I don't anymore because I couldn't stand the thought of Storm getting a Mohawk and haven't gone back.

Anyway.... have a good one JC.

[disclaimer]The following nice gesture towards Joe_Collector does not mean total endorsement of everything he types[/disclaimer]

Wow, I check on here to see about a few outstanding forum deals, and see the usual nerds hard at work. Do you ultra-geeks even have a life?

Wait.

You have more than 30,000 posts on a comic book message board, go around correcting people on the origin and history of Thanos and you're calling others "nerds" and "ultra-geeks"?

27_laughing.gif

Yup, that about sums it up alright..............Ironic, isn't it????screwy.gif

i feel like Oldguy on this one; i'll wish all forumites good luck on new ventures thumbsup2.gif , but how many times has JC announced he's leaving (for various time periods) only to return as the same rude and negative bully????

I think the difference between JC's and others' posts is often simply a case of being forthright rather than passive-aggressive. There are many "wordsmiths" on these boards who are quite adept at crafting posts that achieve a certain goal surreptitiously. JC doesn't bother with that stuff, he's goes right for the throat.

Which is the better approach? I actually prefer the more direct style.

All the best, JC - your passion will be missed!

i feel like Oldguy on this one; i'll wish all forumites good luck on new ventures thumbsup2.gif , but how many times has JC announced he's leaving (for various time periods) only to return as the same rude and negative bully????

I think the difference between JC's and others' posts is often simply a case of being forthright rather than passive-aggressive. There are many "wordsmiths" on these boards who are quite adept at crafting posts that achieve a certain goal surreptitiously. JC doesn't bother with that stuff, he's goes right for the throat.

Which is the better approach? I actually prefer the more direct style.

All the best, JC - your passion will be missed!

OK Garth - i take it all back, you may leave again........................ poke2.gif