• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Daredevil 4

7 posts in this topic

Thanks in advance. Just in off eBay and I'm not quite sure how to grade this one. Sold as a FN.

The problems: All visible in the scan. Some spine wear, bit of a thin scrape on the "T" in "The," rounded corners. Also, a 1/2" in the lower right (burned on this as I e-mailed and *specifically asked* if it was a tear and was told "It is a wear edge on a very slight crease mark" ... nope, it's a tear) and a minute tear on both the bottom and top. Also the fold-down chip of sorts on the top. There's also a 1/8" tear on back top.

The plusses: Some gloss left, lays flat and feels very tight in your hands. Presents very well. Has white to off-white pages.

Am wavering between grades and hope you guys can lend a hand. Thanks in advance!

dd4front.jpg

dd4back.jpg

I'm going to guess 5.0...maybe 5.5, but I think the LLC plus the couple of tears may hold it down. Still presents nicely though.

I totally feel your pain about asking about the existence of a very specific defect and getting an incorrect answer (probably not to deceive, but just because the seller didn't give the answer a lot of thought). I've had that happen on ebay many times...and to be honest, even on the forums once or twice... foreheadslap.gif

I am in favour of a 5.5. 0.5 off in grade on ebay isnt a burn.... its a lucky break tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif I was kinda thinking the same thing. hi.gif

I hear you guys. smile.gif I've been wanting this one a long time, one of my favorite DD stories and a Kirby cover to boot! Followed my regular method of bidding based on one full-grade less ... but I'm never quite sure what to do about tears in grading.

The overstreet grading guide isn't too clear on them ... but in checking was a wee bit surprised to find that a 1/4" spine split was allowed in Fine 893whatthe.gif That really surprised me.

I had this at a 5.0 after reading that. Thanks for your help!