• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Under Valued...

24 posts in this topic

X-men was the first big screen production of Marvel comics and had a pretty successful run at the box office with 3 movies under its belt within the last 5 years. But yet The flash (Showcase #4 - #8), Fantasic Four #1 and Hulk #1 are valued higher then X-men #1?? I can understand Spiderman, but not the rest...

X-men was the first big screen production of Marvel comics and had a pretty successful run at the box office with 3 movies under its belt within the last 5 years. But yet The flash (Showcase #4 - #8), Fantasic Four #1 and Hulk #1 are valued higher then X-men #1?? I can understand Spiderman, but not the rest...

older and more rare.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

X-Men #1 has been much more on the rise over the past 5 or 6 years than some of the other keys mentioned. For instance, ASM #1 in 8.0 condition is only selling for about 20% more than an X-Men #1 in the same condition these days. Four years ago, it was almost double the price!

Hulk #1 and FF #1 and much harder to find in hi grade than X men #1. By far the toughest KEY marvels above VF. No one read Hulks so many got trashed, FF's were a huge success and got read like crazy I assume.

What stumps me is JIM #83.

whats under valued is b&b #28

Were any new characters actually introduced in that issue?

JLA. Precursor to the FF.

That was the first "super team" wasn't it?

In the SA yes.

GA had the JSA.

poke2.gif

Without BB 28,Mr Goodman never would have suggested Stan rip off DCs team concept and Jack and He would have kept doing the Horror/Suspense 8 pagers they'd been doing.

Not only are the other older,but they are much rarer than X-Men #1.

In the SA yes.

GA had the JSA.

poke2.gif

yeah I meant to say SA...

foreheadslap.gif

Challengers of the Unknown, Showcase 6...

In the SA yes.

GA had the JSA.

poke2.gif

yeah I meant to say SA...

foreheadslap.gif

Challengers of the Unknown, Showcase 6...

Wel there you go...

I stink.

insane.gif

So B&B 28...not the first super team (even in SA), no new characters, not a first issue, series (B&B) ended a long time ago, and still vastly under-valued?

Just making sure that I got all of this right wink.gif

So B&B 28...not the first super team (even in SA), no new characters, not a first issue, series (B&B) ended a long time ago, and still vastly under-valued?

Just making sure that I got all of this right wink.gif

First Starro villain?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He/she/it does rank up there with Dr. Doom and Magneto. I can't wait to see he/she/it on the big screen poke2.gif

There are nearly 3X as many slabbed X-men 1's as Hulk 1's, and nearly 10X as many slabbed X-men 1's as Showcase 4's. While X-men are certainly more popular than Hulk or Flash, relative value is all about supply and demand.