• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Under Valued...

24 posts in this topic

So B&B 28...not the first super team (even in SA), no new characters, not a first issue, series (B&B) ended a long time ago, and still vastly under-valued?

Just making sure that I got all of this right wink.gif

i hear what you’re saying, but like someone said it was the JLA that inspired ff and x-men. not the challengers. also the JLA is arguably one of the most enduring and most popular superhero team in the history of comics.

whats under valued is b&b #28

Were any new characters actually introduced in that issue?

JLA. Precursor to the FF.

That was the first "super team" wasn't it?

In the SA yes.

GA had the JSA.

poke2.gif

yeah I meant to say SA...

foreheadslap.gif

Challengers of the Unknown, Showcase 6...

Wel there you go...

I stink.

insane.gif

If I remember correctly, the Challengers weren't a "super" team. They were just four adventurers without superpowers.

Now you can stink a little less.

X-men was the first big screen production of Marvel comics and had a pretty successful run at the box office with 3 movies under its belt within the last 5 years. But yet The flash (Showcase #4 - #8), Fantasic Four #1 and Hulk #1 are valued higher then X-men #1?? I can understand Spiderman, but not the rest...

Hulk #1 and FF #1 and much harder to find in hi grade than X men #1. By far the toughest KEY marvels above VF. No one read Hulks so many got trashed, FF's were a huge success and got read like crazy I assume.

What stumps me is JIM #83.

I've always heard JIM 83 and TOS 39 are the toughest early marvels to find in VF or better shape.