• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG APPLE FREE WEEKEND - LUNCHTIME REPORT!!!

39 posts in this topic

Spent about 45 min racing through the bins at the Big Apple today. A much better selection than other BA shows, but less table space used as well. Just wish I had more time...

Some familiar faces:

Bob Storms with his fantastic books on display.

bobstorms.jpg

Vincent with a few dupes.

vincent.jpg

Here's Chuck telling Harley Yee his books are way over priced!! insane.gif

chuckyee.jpg

I did manage to find this one table where the guy had 2 short bins with nothing in order. Randomly mixed in with the majority of Gold Key and Four Color stuff, some decent Marvels popped up here and there. I picked up 2 books:

Ms. Marvel #18 around a 9.2 for $10 (I always pick this up)

mm18.jpg

And I picked up this DD 36 maybe a 9.0, because it was in pretty nice shape for just $10 bucks.

dd36.jpg

Like I said, I wish I had more time. Glad it was free admission! thumbsup2.gif

...one table where the guy had 2 short bins with nothing in order...

That kind of thing is always a mystery to me. So many times at cons there will be small dealers whose tables are a complete mess...no organization at all, no rhyme or reason to how stuff is sorted, and even they themselves can't find stuff (& often seem disinclined to even try). Don't know how some of those guys can even make back the cost of their table. confused-smiley-013.gif

Harley's location seems to be in a different spot than usual. He normally doesn't have wall space but is in a island with Motor City, Metroplis and others.

Harley looks like he's about five seconds from tagging Chuck with a b.i.t.c.h slap. But I guess he always looks like that.....

Not a good move..Chuck would just dump the coffee into the Fantast Four box. 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Harley looks like he's about five seconds from tagging Chuck with a b.i.t.c.h slap. But I guess he always looks like that.....

Not a good move..Chuck would just dump the coffee into the Fantast Four box. 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

That's probably why Harley is holding back. thumbsup2.gif