• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery #9?

87 posts in this topic

Looking to buy this book for the Masterworks series. Anybody got one to spare?

Also, if you have one you don't want to part with, we could use scans. Maybe for a fee.

Regards

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination Publishing

Scans would be fine. I'd need them at 116% at 600 dpi. Call me if you'd like, late evenings EST at 718-403-9312.

Regards,

Greg Theakston

Pure Imagination Publishing

Why doesn't Marvel, a large corporation, own a copy?

I'm guessing that not every large corporation owns a copy. GE might, but DuPont probably doesn't. I heard Lockheed Martin pretty much sticks to HG SA keys.

27_laughing.gif I think a company should automatically be dropped from the S&P 500 if they don`t own a copy.

Why doesn't Marvel, a large corporation, own a copy?

I'm guessing that not every large corporation owns a copy. GE might, but DuPont probably doesn't. I heard Lockheed Martin pretty much sticks to HG SA keys.

sign-funnypost.gif

A low grade copy hit eBay tonight...

MM #9

893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice looking for a 1.5 !!! Curious to see what that will shoot up to. Not sure if this book has reached the status that the Pre-Robin TEC's seem to be enjoying right now. Still, a hot book!! The cover is almost like a painting, it is so lush with detail!

MM #9

893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice looking for a 1.5 !!! Curious to see what that will shoot up to. Not sure if this book has reached the status that the Pre-Robin TEC's seem to be enjoying right now. Still, a hot book!! The cover is almost like a painting, it is so lush with detail!

I think this issue would easily reach similar status of pre-Robin Tec's but the problem is you never see copies of this book surface. The one I remember (I was the under bidder) was a 2.5 that closed at $4,000 I believe. This was after the guy had listed it a few weeks earlier and couldn't sell it for somewhere around $2,500. Yes I'm still kicking my head in for that one because that must have been well over a year ago. Heritage sold a low grade copy for around $1,000 and the cover was all rinkled and again I'm kicking myself for not chasing it because a $20 press might have helped the look of the book dramatically.

MM #9

893applaud-thumb.gif

I think this issue would easily reach similar status of pre-Robin Tec's but the problem is you never see copies of this book surface. The one I remember (I was the under bidder) was a 2.5 that closed at $4,000 I believe. This was after the guy had listed it a few weeks earlier and couldn't sell it for somewhere around $2,500. Yes I'm still kicking my head in for that one because that must have been well over a year ago. Heritage sold a low grade copy for around $1,000 and the cover was all rinkled and again I'm kicking myself for not chasing it because a $20 press might have helped the look of the book dramatically.

Wow, I was checking it out again, and the book has jumped into the $2200 range (reserve met)! I think this one will go large ... still nine days to go!

I have done some looking around, and you are right, SilverSurfer, about the 2.5 (was that the ebay copy? It closed at a few hundred shy of $4000) and the Heritage copy... they are just not to be had!! However,

Here's your chance... poke2.gif

MM #9

893applaud-thumb.gif

I emailed the seller for some details. he said the rat chew is somewhat significant, but it doesn't affect the art. So, it could be used for the project I guess.

Your not bidding on this are you? frown.gifshy.gif

No, it is all yours. I am cutting back on books for a couple of months..(translation = broke) grin.gif