• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1980s cover appreciation thread

196 posts in this topic

i got moon knight #25 in cgc 9.8 the other month from rj,but the one thing bad about it is the cover was not centered good and the back cover is yellow so you see the back cover on the front and it looks kind of funky.im a little surprised that they gave it a 9.8,but they do give some miswrapped covers 9.8 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I immediately voted for Mike Zeck cause his covers were powerful, anatomically realistic and alqys colored beautifully. But I didnt notice Dave Stevens on the list till later....he might be a better choice. And, ...come to think about it, they both take a back seat to the best of them all: Brian Bolland!!!

Aman,

I totally forgot about Bolland! Still, I feel pretty comfortable with the candidates on that list, as Bolland seems to have drawn a TON of covers in the 90's (I'd guess more than in the 80's). Bolland is awesome, though...!

I voted for Zeck too - always dynamic, intense and cool! The Cap/Deathlock covers are some of my all-time faves - thanks for the posts, guys!

I had forgotten how great Dave Stevens is!! Where is he now? Anybody know?

Who else have we missed?

Best 80's cover artist?John ByrneGeorge PerezMike ZeckMark SchultzFrank MillerBill SienkiewiczDave Stevensother

Not a single vote for Byrne? confused.gif This is a thread about 80's cover appreciation....isn't it? x-men141.jpg

Now THERE'S a great, dynamic and VERY memorable cover! By far, my favorite Perez cover and one of the best covers of the 80s, in my opinion.

I voted for Perez, although Miller's a close second for me.