• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My day with Todd Mcfarlane

36 posts in this topic

So as many people Know I went to the allstar hockey show in dallas today.

Many people told me I rock when I accepted there books.

I was worried though. There were posted limits of 1 item per person.

Well Lets start the day out. At noon Todd Arrived.

As he walked in he immediately recongized me from the Ny Signing. He Said Hi.

Very Nice Then We walked around the mall for a few minutes at talked.

After that we ended up back at the booth where there were a few other fans waiting.

We Started talking about so many different things the new spawn movie, The Kirkman project, Batman/spawn, ect.

Then the subject of Spiderman came up. and how amazing his webs. So Todd Grabbed a piece of paper and started Doddling and sketching to explain exactly how he did spiderman. Then he finished with a beautiful head sketch of spiderman. The he signed an item or 2 for me there.

Next was the official signing. So I lined up. He signed 3 each for me and another witness and a customer.

Then At 4:15 I got back in line and got another 12 autographs. While I was getting those autographs I asked him if he would sing the rest if I cracked them out of the cases he said sure So I cracked 12 books and got back in line. He sign all 12 and was amazed because about 2500 dollars worth of books were sitting on the table right in front of him he signed all them.

Then I got in line once more this time for sketches. Yes Todd was sketching. I got 2 sketch cards. and a Sketch for the 3 minute sketchbook. One more time in line for DeeDee's Portfolio review which went well.

Everytime he shook my hand told me thanks and said it was nice to see me.

Now if this wasn't one of the best days ever then I am not exactly sure what is.

Kris

Wow!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Kris sounds like no matter how the rest of the year goes, you just can't outdo today...and that is a good thing! What a great story and a great day!

Thanks for getting all those books signed, I know everyone is very appreciative of the effort!

grin.gifthumbsup2.gif

C'mon Kris, tell the truth. You really bit onto his leg and refused to let go until he signed everything for you. I've seen you do it before and I'm sure Todd is no exception.