• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Gods #1 (or "You don't know Jack!")

19 posts in this topic

frown.gifI may be wrong ( wouldn't be the first time).

This is what I see ( I haven't seen this book

in awhile, so If I'm seeing things "hit me baby o-n-n-ne, more, time" )

I see two creases on the URFC (in a black circle).

Small pieces out on the bottom (green circles).

Two tears on the top edge (violet circles).

newgods.jpg

Now if that's just the art work, than I'll say 9.2.

normally, i would say 9.2, but because it's david's book, i'm going to have to go with 8.5

poke2.gif

okay, okay. 9.0. it's probably got some kind of 1/4" tear on page 12 or something

sumo.gif

frown.gif I may be wrong (wouldn't be the first time).

Nope, it wouldn't makepoint.gif

grin.gif

whoever said this is a tough book to grade hit the nail on the head. that starry sky background could be hiding many things. i also saw what appears to be the tiny corner crease on the URC. the "tears" and the missing piece are good questions that you failed to answer head on.......... poke2.gif

being a 15 cent DC, i'm going to go with 9.0............if none of those three items are really defects, then this could grade ashigh as a 9.4............i don't think the slight BC discoloration reduces the grade at all..............

i also saw what appears to be the tiny corner crease on the URC. the "tears" and the missing piece are good questions that you failed to answer head on.......... poke2.gif

The tiniest of of corner creases/bends exists at the URFC; the other alleged "defects" are a figment of the reader's imagination - it's the artwork. grin.gif

hi.gif