• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ART DAY! Charles Vess & Michael Kaluta!

9 posts in this topic

Well, I rarely feel that an addition to my collection is worthy of it's own thread...but today might be just such a day. After six months of waiting, this beauty arrived today, and proved that the wait was well worth it. This is my favorite splash from the Kaluta/Vess collaboration. Hope you like it!

Fables OGN Splash!

Thanks for looking!

Court

Wow... what a beautiful page.

Not having read the book, is there a reason why Vess and Kaluta worked together? Both are fully capable of pencils and paint... I'm surprised that they collaborated. Doesn't happen often with two top-notch artists.

Thanks!

I think it just kind of worked out that way. Vess was originally slated to do the project, and Kaluta was just going to do layouts...then Vess' schedule got a bit unruly, and Kaluta ended up fully pencilling the pages to help out.

I love that James Jean Splash. I had never really wanted a James Jean Piece. But that piece Somehow just made me want to get a james jean piece.

gossip.gifThat's not Jean........

I know that piece is Vess and kaluta if you page through the gallery you will see the frog splash by James jean

I love that James Jean Splash. I had never really wanted a James Jean Piece. But that piece Somehow just made me want to get a james jean piece.

gossip.gifThat's not Jean........

I know that piece is Vess and kaluta if you page through the gallery you will see the frog splash by James jean

blush.gif