• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Careers at Comiclink

36 posts in this topic

I have seen a section on Comiclink for a while about a career with Comiclink. It looks pretty interesting but the preference of a bachelors or masters seems a bit out of place for a job I cannot see having a salary to reflect that. I could be wrong but I did not feel it was necessary to bother Josh with an inquiry that is not going to go anywhere. Has anyone ever looked into this? It sounds like it could be a dream job for some people.

They're in Brooklyn, NY. I seem to remember a thread on this where CL chimed in with "a degree would be nice, but not required/essential" or words to that effect. I'm sure if the applicant were qualified and was a good fit that a degree would be inconsequential.

I think the degree preference is more related to a required age/maturity of the applicant than any post-grad work in astrophysics.

I guess that knocks me out then, because I am old, immature, and have completed post-graduate work in astrophysics..

frown.gif

Here is Josh's reply from the old thread

"Hi All,

I guess you guys noticed the careers tab! For the record, it says "BA/BS degree or Masters is a plus but not required." It does not mean that we would prefer someone with a degree over someone with more relevant qualifications but without a degree. To me, work experience (especially in the field) and a strong work ethic, as well as the other qualifications listed for the positions ARE more important than a degree. The degree is just a plus and certainly helps if there is not much work experience to show (ie. in the case of someone who is recently out of college, for example).

Josh Nathanson

www.comiclink.com "

Either way, it ain't the Big Apple!

Yes, but we are.

Careers at Metropolis

May I offer some friendly advice. You should have a filter in place to review all submissions. Preferably someone who has covered the technical beat, and in all the areas mentioned in your job description.

IMO, it is a far more important aspect to explore than any benefit a finders fee could offer. A finders fee may well get people to sit down in front of you, but a filter (seasoned technical consultant) will qualify the pool of candidates, especially in areas of offering reciprocal benefits and pay scale commensurate to applicant qualifications.

Thanks for your advice ComicWiz. We have someone in place for just that. The Finder's fee is not being used as a substitute but rather as incentive for a person to put us in touch with a potential candidate.

Vincent

Excellent! Good luck Vincent

Since Metro is here scanning this thread, here's a question I have about your website: Why isn't Alex Schomburg on the list of searchable Artists in your Advanced Search feature? Considering the volumn of GA you guys do, and the fact he is both heavily collected and his body of work was so prolific, wouldn't it make sense to have your programmer add him in?

Since Metro is here scanning this thread, here's a question I have about your website: Why isn't Alex Schomburg on the list of searchable Artists in your Advanced Search feature? Considering the volumn of GA you guys do, and the fact he is both heavily collected and his body of work was so prolific, wouldn't it make sense to have your programmer add him in?

the method already exists in the "Advanced Search" (although not in any inbuilt drop-down format) - search the "Comments" field with keyword Schomburg

the method already exists in the "Advanced Search" (although not in any inbuilt drop-down format) - search the "Comments" field with keyword Schomburg

Thanks Joseph, however, I have a hard time believing Metro has only 20 Schomburg covers in stock (which is the Search result returned). No Subbys or Marvel Mysterys returned at all. The artist field itself needs to be modified, as well as their backend input. I have a hard time understanding how such an oversight comes about to begin with. I mean, c'mon, this is Schomburg. confused-smiley-013.gif