• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need some Bronze Age ASM advise

5 posts in this topic

Ok so I am circling the some Bronze Age ASM keys IE #121, 122, 129. Having recently purchased a slabbed 101 and 102 I think that ASM's in the Bronze Age are some of the trickiest books to purchase right now. (part of me is thinking of holding off and hoping the buzz dies down, but I think this is as low as the lull might get for the next few years.)

I was happy with my 101, not so with my 102 (paid to much and could have had a better grade for the same $$) so the fluctuations on these books are really bad sometimes. On to my questions.........

Which of the three (121,122,129) is the toughest to get?

Which one would you target first and why?

Would you go slabbed or unslabbed? A real dilemma cause I want to read the complete story arc from 100-200. Is there a TPB of Masterworks of the 100-130 run?

I have been looking at the 122 this week actually and there are about 6 copies in the VF or better from what I consider reputable dealers. What have other board members paid for their copies of these books. I have been tracking them for a few months off and on but any stories, preferably on the successful side are appreciated.

On a side note ASM #194 What he 893censored-thumb.gif is with this book lately I have 2 raw copies, but man the CGC 9.4's are trough the roof. Was looking to pick one up, but this book is nuts right now and despite the guide out $$$ ASM 200 by a long shot.

the 121/122 will always be popular and are very significant...the #129 has been taking offrecently in price for 9.2 and higher copies .a restored 9.2 recently went for over $300. If u can snag the #121/122 in 9.4 for under $1K and the #129 for the $700 range in 9.4 u are doing pretty good.

unslabbed copies of 121/122/129 are on ebay every week but for 8.0 or better, check out Ted at Superworld in Worcester, MA. Tell him i sent u and he will give u a good deal. grin.gif

121 and 122 will always be popular. That was a major story in comic history.

I would wait until 3 weeks after the Punisher movie opens to get a 129.

It's way too high and after the movie bombs, it should die down to a more reasonable level.

The reason 194 is so hot is because Felicia is going to be in the Spidey2 movie.

Get this one now because it is going up fast. There wont be many deals on this book for a while.

If I were to buy one of these now, it would be the 121 or 122. Just because of the historical factor it has.

The reason 194 is so hot is because Felicia is going to be in the Spidey2 movie.

Get this one now because it is going up fast. There wont be many deals on this book for a while.

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif Speculators