• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best prices for Bags and Boards

34 posts in this topic

yea i would also like to give comicsupply a bump. great place to order from. super fast delivery, great packaging. i've also picked up a few bronze avangers and asm from the and the grading was spot on.

however i have also ordered straight from gerber for the mylars and full backs and they also have a great service.

I used to order from Gerber, but after repeatedly botched orders to the wrong address or that took days and days to ship, I switched to ComicSupply. Being farther away, the shipping cost is slightly more for me but worth it.

And I think Gerber has instituted a $40 minimum to boot.

I used to order from Gerber, but after repeatedly botched orders to the wrong address or that took days and days to ship, I switched to ComicSupply.

My last purchase from Gerber ended with me having to talk to a supervisor in order not to be charged their international rate to ship to New Mexico. I've gone through CS since then and never had a problem.

I used to order from Gerber, but after repeatedly botched orders to the wrong address or that took days and days to ship, I switched to ComicSupply.

My last purchase from Gerber ended with me having to talk to a supervisor in order not to be charged their international rate to ship to New Mexico. I've gone through CS since then and never had a problem.

27_laughing.gif

however i have also ordered straight from gerber for the mylars and full backs and they also have a great service.

I used to order from Gerber, but after repeatedly botched orders to the wrong address or that took days and days to ship, I switched to ComicSupply. Being farther away, the shipping cost is slightly more for me but worth it.

CS is a great place to order from. Russell is always willing to take care of you. I usually order my Mylars from him.

However, last year I needed to buy 2000 Half Backs -- talk about heavy. Russell could get a good deal on the item cost but the double shipping (from Gerber to him, from him to me) tacked on another 50%. I talked to my LCS and the owner told me he could order Gerber from Diamond. He included my Half Backs in on his monthly order, charged me 10% over cost + $5/case ($5/box is what Diamond charges him for shipping). I ended up with everything I needed for about 40% of retail. yay.gif You might want to see if you LCS can work a similar deal with you.

New Mexico is a state??? 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

CS is a great place to order from. Russell is always willing to take care of you. I usually order my Mylars from him.

However, last year I needed to buy 2000 Half Backs -- talk about heavy. Russell could get a good deal on the item cost but the double shipping (from Gerber to him, from him to me) tacked on another 50%. I talked to my LCS and the owner told me he could order Gerber from Diamond. He included my Half Backs in on his monthly order, charged me 10% over cost + $5/case ($5/box is what Diamond charges him for shipping). I ended up with everything I needed for about 40% of retail. yay.gif You might want to see if you LCS can work a similar deal with you.

Great advice. Shipping generally kills any kind of supply deal (except maybe bags). My LCS used to sell me the junkiest bags and boards at cost + 10%. I think it was $50-$60 per 1000. I think the bags by themselves were 2 cents each and I would use them to bag new $1 stuff. They were junk though (kind of cloudy). Doesn't hurt to ask LCS owner though. Offer up cash and buy in bulk.

My last purchase from Gerber ended with me having to talk to a supervisor in order not to be charged their international rate to ship to New Mexico.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

i dated a girl once that could not understand that new mexico wasn't in mexico.

it was a short lived relationship.

Keep in mind this is all good and well if and only if Diamond has them in stock. As a distributor we are the largest distributor of the Gerber line outside of going direct with Gerber.

Take now for instance, if you wanted to order them from your comic store they would only be able to order 4 packs for you.

Also, most LCS owners do not realize that shipping on their orders is charged the week after the shipment arrives. So, your LCS guy might look at this list and see a shipping charge of $40 for the whole order and thing wow what a deal. Only to find out next week's shipping charges are $120.

Diamond has no per item shipping rate so I think you got the best of him Strongguy. These deals certainly happen but if and only if Diamond stocks the product and your LCS is willing to do this deal for you. I know this for a fact as the 2 boxes of comics we get each week (each weigh roughly 50 pounds) have a shipping charge from Baltimore to Detroit of $20 a box.

What most likely happened was he saw his invoice had a shipping charge of $40 and he divided it by the boxes. Then he came to find out next week his shipping was 2-3x that.

I certainly am not bashing on you Strong, I just don't want people thinking they can get this great deal from LCS's when in reality the exception is that they may (depending on the course of actions) but in general the rule is they will not.

Call Steve Geppi at Diamond and tell him your story, he will help you no problem, he might have to send to your LCS but they will not add fees to his invoice. Be sure to mention that you are on the CGC boards and submit comics for grading and would like to further the hobby by preserving your books in mylar.