• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original hand painted animation cel from the Flintstones

8 posts in this topic

I have an original animation cel from the Flintstones that has Wilma in the forefront from the waste - up with full background. It is framed and signed by both Hanna and Barbara. It comes with COA and appraisal certificate which said it's valued at $1010.00. I had it appraised by an independant appraisal firm after I won it. I don't have a pic of it yet as it will be coming in the mail within a few weeks as I had the gallery reframe it for me. I actually won it in an auction from ParkWest Galleries. I'm just curious if this has any significance to collectors of animation cels as it is one of a kind. It is not a serocel our limited edition piece, it's actually the handpainted animation cel. Does this appeal to collectors?? I truly am ignorant when it comes to these areas of collecting. screwy.gif

i would wait till i get the item to see if you truly have an original back ground. you may just have an copy of the back ground to go with the actual cel . it is very rare to get both . as most original back ground,s are sold apart from the cels.

larry ;]

If it is from the original series from the 1960s and is indeed a cel with original background, it could be worth something. My only caution is that the majority of that art did not survive. There have been countless specials and shows from the 1970s-1990s that it could be from and would be worth significantly less. Please post an image when you can.

Best

S

If it is from the original series from the 1960s and is indeed a cel with original background, it could be worth something. My only caution is that the majority of that art did not survive. There have been countless specials and shows from the 1970s-1990s that it could be from and would be worth significantly less. Please post an image when you can.

Best

S

Will do!! thumbsup2.gif I suspect it's probably from one of the specials you are referring to but still a neat piece because it is authentically signed by both Hanna and Barbara. I will post a pic once the piece arrives from the gallery.