• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Star_Wars_Kid is funny!

54 posts in this topic

the best part of watching that video for the first time was waiting for the kid to whip the stick into his nads? Sadly I was disappointed

Thanx a lot, Darth! I just woke up the wife by laughing so loud! mad.gif I visualized that possiblity as I read that, and had no time to stop myself.

So if we ever meet and you see a broomstick in my hands...RUN.

Rick

In the excerpts from Internet chats filed in court, the four (young men who posted the video on the Internet) appear to be plotting ways to get the gifts sent to another address so they can keep the iPod for themselves.

Wow...prior to reading that quote, I thought those guys may have been just trying to funny without meaning any real malice to the "star wars" kid. But for them to talk about screwing him over after it was clear that the kid was seriously traumatized will probably lose them the civil suit.

If Chromium keeps re-posting that doofy picture of me in a Magneto helmet striking a supposedly-menacing pose, I think I'm going to have to quit my job and check into a mental ward. shocked.gifstooges.gif

They refer to the kid as "portly" in that news article. 27_laughing.gif

Send that fact to the star wars kid's lawyer...maybe they'll include the Globe and Mail in the lawsuit and give you a cut. ooo.gif

Wow! There are other sides to the story - yes it is sad now that I read this and it seems to be done as an intentional cruel joke by those 4; however, I can't deny the fact that I laughed my butt off when I first saw it and it was passed to me spam style initially from a joke site. I thought this was, like I mentioned before, a submission to one of those TV shows hosting funny home videos for prize money and therefore planned and generated as a commercial venture.

Maybe if the "portly" kid just rolled with it and saw the humor in it, he could have capitalized financially of the commercial potential of this net flick and saved his sanity as well.

When I was younger, and even in 1998 when Phantom came out, I can admit to dueling with toy lightsabers or similar props. My sister and I got in trouble when we were ages 8 and 6 when we took my dad's golf clubs and reenacted Vader and Luke's duel from Empire smile.gif

Maybe if the "portly" kid just rolled with it and saw the humor in it, he could have capitalized financially of the commercial potential of this net flick and saved his sanity as well.

But that would go against the current trend of all the money grubbing sue monkeys out there. Why just roll with the ridiculous bumps that life throws at you when you can cry foul and sue for sacks of cash?

If this had happened to me as a kid, my father would have told me to suck it up or he'd give me something to really complain about.

The four kids responsible for this need a good [!@#%^&^] beating from their parents as well.....or some other punishment that's just as suitable. Plus, they should be forced to make their own light saber videos while wearing pink underwear. This would then be uploaded onto a devoted website that could be emailed out around the world. I think that sounds fair.

But that would go against the current trend of all the money grubbing sue monkeys out there. Why just roll with the ridiculous bumps that life throws at you when you can cry foul and sue for sacks of cash?

Right, this whole attitude of entitlement has got to go 893naughty-thumb.gif

If this had happened to me as a kid, my father would have told me to suck it up or he'd give me something to really complain about.

The four kids responsible for this need a good [!@#%^&^] beating from their parents as well.....or some other punishment that's just as suitable. Plus, they should be forced to make their own light saber videos while wearing pink underwear. This would then be uploaded onto a devoted website that could be emailed out around the world. I think that sounds fair.

True - my dad would have sent me to a Miaggi type mentor and told me to go Karate Kid on all four arses smile.gif Wonder if greggy was "this kid" when he was in school? grin.gif

Well, I just thought I'd throw the other side out there, or at least extend the information base a bit. Personally I thought the clip was amusing, but its nowhere near as funny as Triumph the Comic Insult Dog's little trip to the Star Wars Episode 1(?) premiere now that was really funny, but spread out over alot more people who probably signed off wavers to be on the Conan O'Brien segment.

However, I think that it also illustrates the effect that the mass internet media can have in a bad way. I mean we've all had bad moments in school that caught the spotlight for all to see, but I mean its hard to imagine an average teenager being the brunt off a world wide joke. I'm not sure all of us would just let it bounce off. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I mean look at how mad.gif some forum members get at the minor insults thrown around here and magnifiy that by 1000. Add to this the fact that it seems that the 4 little Sh!ts stole the clip and posted it without his authorization. $225,000 or whatever it is is a paltry sum compared to the Millions in lawsuits I've seen for lesser, or similar incidents.

'$225,000 or whatever it is is a paltry sum compared to the Millions in lawsuits I've seen for lesser, or similar incidents. "

yup but those lawsuits are still frivolous nonetheless - if he is now needing therapy, sue for medical costs only, not that BS "pain and suffering" which can not be quantified.

In the excerpts from Internet chats filed in court, the four (young men who posted the video on the Internet) appear to be plotting ways to get the gifts sent to another address so they can keep the iPod for themselves.

Wow...prior to reading that quote, I thought those guys may have been just trying to funny without meaning any real malice to the "star wars" kid. But for them to talk about screwing him over after it was clear that the kid was seriously traumatized will probably lose them the civil suit.

If Chromium keeps re-posting that doofy picture of me in a Magneto helmet striking a supposedly-menacing pose, I think I'm going to have to quit my job and check into a mental ward. shocked.gifstooges.gif

Oh yeah IRC chat are so realiable.

Those logs can be faked..

Id beleive Saddam before I beleived IRC LOGS

Well, I just thought I'd throw the other side out there, or at least extend the information base a bit. Personally I thought the clip was amusing, but its nowhere near as funny as Triumph the Comic Insult Dog's little trip to the Star Wars Episode 1(?) premiere now that was really funny, but spread out over alot more people who probably signed off wavers to be on the Conan O'Brien segment.

However, I think that it also illustrates the effect that the mass internet media can have in a bad way. I mean we've all had bad moments in school that caught the spotlight for all to see, but I mean its hard to imagine an average teenager being the brunt off a world wide joke. I'm not sure all of us would just let it bounce off. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I mean look at how mad.gif some forum members get at the minor insults thrown around here and magnifiy that by 1000. Add to this the fact that it seems that the 4 little Sh!ts stole the clip and posted it without his authorization. $225,000 or whatever it is is a paltry sum compared to the Millions in lawsuits I've seen for lesser, or similar incidents.

All in all, this is just an unfortunate incident for this kid.

To be honest, unlike most here, I found the original to be the funniest. I laughed extremely hard, watched it a few times, got beer in my nose, and sent the link to a whole bunch of people.

I can see this from different angles. This kid was engaging in a little fantasy. His mistake was to record it in a public place. I admit to being a little bit of a bully in school, and I'm not surprised this tape was rapidly scooped up and distributed. But he set himself up for it by what he did, and there are always going to be bullies who will exploit these opportunities. It isn't about right or wrong, and definetly shouldn'y be about liability and lawsuits. It's just an unfortunate incident. Sure, those kids are being mean, but they are just kids. I did a lot of mean stuff in my day, and I feel guilty now. Some never really grow out of it, but for other's bullying, and being on the recieving end of bullying, is just a part of growing up.

The embarassing moments in my life have not been twirling light phasers around, but more about how I've treated others. If they ever grow up, I think this incident will stalk the kids who did it, just as much as this Ghyshlain(sp?) kid. This video tape is a little embarrasing to the kid in question, but speaks more volumes about the bullies who published it. I would hate for there to be lasting evidence of the mean spirited things I did when I was 15 years old.

I wonder how many things like this are currently on the net. A couple decides to record themselves having sex, and suddenly it's out there for everyone to see. Much more than ever, we have to be very careful about what we do(even in private), and have to take responsibility and learn to roll with the punches if we are caught. Overall, just an unfortunate situation, but those are the breaks. But it's still funny, whether we want to admit it or not, since comedy is usually at another's expense anyway.

how many ounces was the baseball bat your father hit you in the head with? 893blahblah.gif