• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you handle this Ebay situation?

42 posts in this topic

Auction ends at 6PM. At 1PM, you set a snipe bid with your third-party sniping software. At 2PM, seller drastically revises the description(grades) of the comics in the listing. You win the auction and THEN discover the revisions made to the listing. Based on the revised grades given to the comics, you obviously overpaid. Anything in particular you would do? Rip the seller a new one? Gladly pay anyway? Etc?

HA! HA-HA! I hate you snipers! smile.gif

screwy.gif

anyway, i didn't think auctions could be revised that close to the closing time. i'd offer some sort of comprimise which would include some sort of repayment of his listing fees or something

Or perhaps you can cover underbidder vs your difference.

And I'm not crazy frown.gif

you are if you're not using sniping software, at least for some of your bidding flowerred.gif

I thought you couldn't make a major revisions within the last 12 hours? Guess I'm out of the loop on that.

seller CAN but then the buyer has the option to either back out or file dispute at the end, I believe.

I think setting snipes doesn't count in this case since the actual bid was put in after the revision no matter what time you set it up. You'll have to deal with seller directly and hope he's understanding of the situation.

The situation sucks but I think that even though the bid was placed via a sniping program, it was you who set the bid to be placed.

I have never thought of the down side to sniping programs but this goes to show that indeed everything that has an up side does infact come with a downside to.....

Hope it works out for you.

Russ

I think you must ignore the issue of the snipe...it's a red herring.

The fact is that, from the seller's POV, and from eBay's, you made your bid after revisions. It's irrelevant how that bid was placed...snipe software, your cat, via telepathy...the fact is the revision details were available before you placed a bid.

You can only hope that the seller is understanding, as technically, you haven't got a leg to stand on. frown.gif

you are if you're not using sniping software, at least for some of your bidding flowerred.gif

I've bought over 3,000 items on eBay...and never once used a snipe programme.

Always preferred the hands-on approach. thumbsup2.gif

I believe you can "add" to the description listing, but you cannot modify the original listing within 12 hours of auctions end. When you add something, it's displayed a bit separately from the original listing with an intro like "On 1/24 11 PM the seller added the following:".

Is that how the revision to the description appears in the listing?

I've bought over 3,000 items on eBay...and never once used a snipe programme.

Always preferred the hands-on approach. thumbsup2.gif

Luddite!

poke2.gif