• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Opportunities NEW YORK COMIC-CON February 23-25

68 posts in this topic

Yes, the "east coast San Diego" is back, bigger and better in 2007. This event will be the biggest thing to hit the east coast comics scene in years. All the bugs from last year should be worked out as the con moves into a bigger space with more dealers, publishers and creators than last year!

GUESTS OF HONOR:

Paul Dini

Stephen Edwin King

Stan Lee

George Perez

Marc Silvestri

Jeff Smith

J. Michael Straczynski

Brian K. Vaughan

New York Comic Con's 2007 Guests (comic book creators, authors, voice actors, actors, musicians and other celebrities included)

Neal Adams

Michael Bair

Simone Bianchi

Kyle Baker

Alison Bechtel

Rich Birdsall

Drew Bowling

Frank Brunner

Rich Buckler

Eric Calderon

Bernard Chang

Sean Chen

Frank Cho

Matthew Clark

Colleen Clinkenbeard

Gene Colan

Oliver Coipel

Peter David

Michael Davis

Keith R.A. DeCandido

John Dolmayan

Dale Eaglesham

David Finch

Mick Foley

Ron Garney

Michael Golden

Tony Harris

Irwin Hasen

Greg Horn

David Kalat

Aline Kominsky Crumb

John Paul Leon

Daniel Logan

David Mack

Marley

George R.R. Martin

Peter Mayhew

Ted McKeever

Steve McNiven

Clifford Meth

China Miéville

Mike Mignola

Vic Mignogna

Joshua Ortega

Greg Pak

Ray Park

Public Enemy

Monica Rial

Stéphane Roux

Chrisotpher Sabat

Bill Sienkiewicz

Michael Silberkleit

Kevin Smith

J. David Spurlock

Jim Steranko

Art Thibert

Roy Thomas

Jhonen Vasquez

Timothy Zahn

ARTIST ALLEY (some duplication from the guests)

Bob Almond

Murphy Anderson

Terry Austin

Michael Avon Oeming

Alison Bechtel

Spencer R. Beck

Rich Bernatovech

Simone Bianchi

Richard Birdsall

David Blumenthal

Jon Bogdanove

Brian Bolland

June Brigman

Mark Brooks

Rich Buckler

Brendan Burford

BUZZ

Talent Caldwell

Eric Canete

Josh Z Carter

Philip Chan

Jeff Chandler

Bernard Chang

Sean Chen

Frank Cho

Mathew Clark

Philip Clark

Olivier Coipel

Gene Colan

Amanda Conor

Kevin Conrad

Kevin Colden

Molly Crabapple

Danimation

Frank D'Armata

Peter David

Michael Davis

Tom DeFalco

Todd DeZago

Colleen Doran

Guy Dorian

Ian Dorian

Arnold Drake

Ryan Dunlavey

Dale Eaglesham

Tomy Lee Edwards

Steve Ellis

David Finch

Danny Fingeroth

Ramona Fradon

Jeremy Freeman

Jose-Luis Garcia-Lopez

Ron Garney

Gelatometti - Ryan Benjamin

Gelatometti - Mateo Casali

Gelatometti - Gabrielle Dell'Otto

Gelatometti - JJ Kirby

Drew Geraci

Keith Giffen

Sam Girdich

Patrick Gleason

Michael Golden

Trevor Goring

John Green

Sanford Greene

Scott Grimando

Yvel Guichet

Gene Ha

Scott Hanna

Tony Harris

Christopher Hart

Irwin Hasen

Clayton Henry

Greg Horn

Richard Howell

Mike Huddleston

Jamal Igle

Mike Imboden

Carmine Infantino

Phil Jimenez

Dave Kalat

Paul Michael Kane

Ken Kelly

Big Kev

Danny Kimanyen

Andy Lanning

Bob Layton

John Paul Leon

Rob Liefeld

Mike Lilly

Livesay

Charles Lucas

David Mack

Alex Maleev

Peter Mayhew

Ed McGuinness

Steve McNiven

Mike Mignola

Jason Millet

Rich A. Molinelli

Christian Montalvo

Mark Morales

Keith Murphey

Steve Murphy

Arvid Nelson

Dustin Nguyen

Shaun Noel

Ken Okabayashi

Jean-Claude Padilla

Jimmy Palmiotti

Gary Panter

Dan Parent

Andrew Pepoy

Whilce Portacio

Rodney Ramos

Khary Randolph

Tom Raney

Esad Ribic

Roy Richardson

Paolo Rivera

Andrew Robinson

Craig Rousseau

Josef Rubenstein

Mark Sable

Steve Sadowski

Daniel Salgo

Alex Saviuk

Damion Scott

Dan Sehn

Toni Selverne

Jim Shooter

Bill Sienkiewicz

Brad Silverman

David Simmons

Walter Simonson

Jeff Smith

Kevin Smith

Tom Smith

Rich Spears

Joe Staton

Jim Su

Arthur Suydam

Craig Tallefer

Art Thibert

Roy Thomas

Jose Torres

Billy Tucci

Steve Uy

Ethan Van Sciver

Jhonen Vasquez

Samuel Vera

Dexter Vines

Sean Wang

Graig Weich

Mike West

Bob Wiacek

Andrew Wiernicki

Freddue Williams

Ron Wilson

Renee Witterstaetter

Denise Wohl

Stan Yan

MANY additional creators are attending this event who are not listed.

SOME creators may be charging for autographs or have limits. Signings at charity booths mean additional signing charges are UNAVOIDABLE.

PLEASE consult with a Witness accepting submissions about submitting your books if you cannot attend. They will be able to let you know if any specific creators are going to be difficult to obtain autographs from for Signature Series.

GUESTS OF HONOR signings will likely be TICKETED with strictly enforced LIMITS.

If you are attending this event and want SS done for you, PLEASE come and see me at the CGC Booth as SOON AS YOU CAN.

Witnesses who have already informed me they will be accepting submissions for this event:

COMICFREAK (Tiziano Di Santos)

THECOLLECTOR (Kris Moore)

PARADISE_COMICS (Peter Dixon)

SHOCKWAVE COMICS (Carlos Camara, not on this forum)

If you are a Witness and you are accepting submissions for NYCC please respond to this posting so that potential customers know to contact you.

I have been notified By Stephen Kings Personal Assistant aswell as NY comic-con staff that Stephen King has no scheduled signing time. This most likely means he will not be a signing or at best an impromptu signing at the Marvel booth. Everybody please keep this in mind if you are considering submitting a book for Stephen King.

Thanks Kris.

Based on this information SS Witnesses will have to decide whether or not they can take the risk of accepting King books for customers.

As it stands, there are only a limited number of comics by King or based on his works that are eligible for SS.

The following are books king could sign

Batman 400

Heroes for hope

Vampirella # 5

The Gunslinger sketch Book

The Marvel spotlight on gunslinger

Gunslinger # 1 and all the variant covers

Plus there is a tomb of dracula magazine that he did an interview in

and The Creepshow comicbook adaptation.

The problem is going to be time and security. I mean if a witness waits at the Gunslinger panel he could possibly get one or 2 books signed as Mr. King is walking off stage if security isn't too tight and the stage is set up in a way that could make that possible.

The problem is going to be time and security. I mean if a witness waits at the Gunslinger panel he could possibly get one or 2 books signed as Mr. King is walking off stage if security isn't too tight and the stage is set up in a way that could make that possible.

For some reason I just pictured Kris behind prison bars. tongue.gif

Kris, don't carry any weapons if you plan to rush the stage after the King signing or you will be doing time.

"Attempt on life of beloved author Stephen King by super-charged Signature Series Witness at New York Comic-Con. Story at 11"

I don't even carry car keys at conventions. So a weapon is out of the question. Unfortunately even if I do get one or two stephen king autographs I have a feeling I will have to *spoon* somebody off during the process and I hate doing that.

As far at it being worth Jail Time it depends if I could get the book back to the CGC booth before they take me to jail. So I don't really think it would be worth jail time.

I don't even carry car keys at conventions. So a weapon is out of the question. Unfortunately even if I do get one or two stephen king autographs I have a feeling I will have to *spoon* somebody off during the process and I hate doing that.

As far at it being worth Jail Time it depends if I could get the book back to the CGC booth before they take me to jail. So I don't really think it would be worth jail time.

Nonetheless. it's signed! makepoint.gif

King would be a great sig too

thumbsup2.gif

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FRANK MILLER AND MICHAEL USLAN HEADLINE PANEL AT NEW YORK COMIC CON!!

Diamond Comics Celebrates 10th Anniversary of Buffy The Vampire Slayer with Guest Appearances; Stephen Colbert Autographs for Oni Press!!

Norwalk, CT, January 29, 2007: New York Comic Con has announced more star-studded Special Guest appearances at the annual convention which will take place at the Jacob K. Javits Center, February 23 – 25. Notably, Frank Miller and Michael Uslan will headline a panel titled Will Eisner’s THE SPIRIT, on Saturday, February 24 at 3pm. In addition, Diamond Comics will commemorate the 10th anniversary of Buffy the Vampire Slayer by hosting two events where fans will get a chance to meet cast members Nicholas Brendan, Juliet Landau, and Bianca Lawson. In a further addition, Stephen Colbert will also be at the convention where he will be available for autographing on Friday, February 23. Mr. Colbert will not be speaking and we he will not be available for media questions or interviews.

Acclaimed as one of the most influential and popular creators in comics today, Frank Miller is a famous American writer, artist and film director known for his film noir-style comic book stories. Miller is famously the writer/artist for 300 which he has now turned into a major motion picture which will be release on March 9, 2007. Miller is also currently adapting Will Eisner’s classic creation and most legendary hero, The Spirit, to the silver screen!

Michael Uslan is the originator of the Batman movies and was the first professor to teach “Comic Book Folklore” at an accredited university. Uslan is the Producer for The Spirit.

Nicholas Brendan rose to fame as the loveable Xander Harris on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As a key member of Buffy's Scooby Gang for seven years, his character appeared in over 140 episodes of the critically-acclaimed series, bringing much-needed relief from the darker elements of demon fighting.

Daughter of Ed Wood co-star Martin Landau, veteran actress Juliet Landau has appeared in numerous films and television series - including her portrayal of the clinically insane Drusilla on both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

Long-time actress Bianca Lawson appeared in a wide range of television and film projects including Sister, Sister, Dawson's Creek, and Save the Last Dance but is perhaps best known for her portrayal of Kendra on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Stephen Colbert is the Emmy Award-winning host of Comedy Central’s Colbert Report. He will be at NYCC on behalf of Oni Press in support of his new 5-issue comic book miniseries, Stephen Colbert’s Tek Jansen, which will arrive in stores on March ’07. The series is written by John Layman and Tom Peyer with Jim Massey and illustrated by Scott Chantler with others. It is a full color, 32-page comic book that will retail for $3.99. Colbert will be autographing on Friday, February 23 at 4:30pm.

The Buffy panel, which is called Slayer Tales with Xander, Kendra and Drusilla, will take place on Saturday, February 24 at 10:00am. Diamond Comics will also be hosting a “Buffy Trivia Contest” on Friday, February 23 where fans will be treated to cake and will have a chance to answer Buffy trivia questions and win prizes.

DC announces NYCC line-up

* Jason Aaron (SCALPED, THE OTHER SIDE)

* Tony Akins (JACK OF FABLES)

* Jonathan Ames (THE ALCOHOLIC)

* Brian Azzarello (100 BULLETS, LOVELESS, TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED)

* Al Barrionuevo (MARTIAN MANHUNTER)

* Chris Batista (52, JLA: CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE)

* Ryan Benjamin (GRIFTER & MIDNIGHTER)

* Philip Bond (EXTERMINATORS covers)

* Riccardo Burchielli (DMZ)

* Giuseppe Camuncoli (52)

* Percy Carey (THE LIFE OF M.F. GRIMM)

* Cecil Castellucci (THE PLAIN JANES)

* Cliff Chiang (TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED)

* Becky Cloonan (AMERICAN VIRGIN)

* Amanda Conner (JSA CLASSIFIED)

* Shane Davis (MYSTERY IN SPACE)

* Adam DeKraker (SUPERGIRL AND THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES)

* Tom Derenick (SHADOWPACT)

* Werther Dell’Edera (LOVELESS)

* Tom Derenick (JLA CLASSIFIED)

* Andy Diggle (BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL, HELLBLAZER)

* Paul Dini (DETECTIVE COMICS)

* Christos Gage (STORMWATCH: PHD)

* Keith Giffen (52, BLUE BEETLE)

* Patrick Gleason (GREEN LANTERN CORPS)

* Sanford Greene (THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES IN THE 31ST CENTURY)

* Justin Gray (JONAH HEX, UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS)

* Peter Gross (TESTAMENT, WETWORKS, LUCIFER)

* Dean Haspiel (AMERICAN SPLENDOR, THE ALCOHOLIC)

* Jamal Igle (FIRESTORM)

* Phil Jimenez (52, INFINITE CRISIS)

* Jock (FAKER, THE LOSERS)

* J.G. Jones (52 covers)

* Joe Kelly (SUPERGIRL)

* Andy Kubert (BATMAN)

* Adam Kubert (ACTION COMICS)

* Andy Lanning (INFINITE CRISIS, 52)

* David Lopez (CATWOMAN)

* Tara McPherson (FABLES: 1001 NIGHTS OF SNOWFALL)

* Todd Nauck (TEEN TITANS GO!, 52)

* Mike Norton (TEEN TITANS GO!)

* Dustin Nguyen (MANIFEST ETERNITY)

* Jerry Ordway (RED MENACE)

* Jimmy Palmiotti (JONAH HEX, UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS)

* George Pérez (THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD)

* Bob Petrecca (JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED)

* Whilce Portacio (WETWORKS, BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL)

* Stephane Roux (BIRDS OF PREY covers)

* Greg Rucka (52, CHECKMATE)

* Jim Rugg (THE PLAIN JANES)

* Douglas Rushkoff (TESTAMENT)

* Gail Simone (BIRDS OF PREY, GEN13, SECRET SIX)

* Jeff Smith (SHAZAM: THE MONSTER SOCIETY OF EVIL)

* Jim Starlin (MYSTERY IN SPACE)

* Cameron Stewart (THE OTHER SIDE)

* David Tischman (BITE CLUB)

* J. Torres (THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES IN THE 31ST CENTURY, TEEN TITANS GO!)

* Brian K. Vaughan (Y: THE LAST MAN, EX MACHINA, PRIDE OF BAGHDAD)

* Freddie E. Williams II (ROBIN)

* Ronald Wimberly (THE LIFE OF M.F. GRIMM)

* Brian Wood (DMZ)

* Pete Woods (AMAZONS ATTACK)

Under the direction of DC President & Publisher Paul Levitz, nearly every member of the New York DC Universe and Vertigo editorial groups will be at the show, along with personnel from WildStorm, Editorial Administration, Creative Services, Sales & Marketing and other departments.

DC also will sponsor several panels at the convention including:

Friday, February 23

Vertigo: Looking Ahead

6:30-7:30pm

With Pride of Baghdad, Fables, the ‘V for Vendetta’ movie and continued, critical success of monthly books, Vertigo had a 2006 to remember! Come see how 2007 is poised to surpass with new projects that will amaze you! Moderated by Senior VP - Executive Editor Vertigo Karen Berger, and featuring Group Editor - Vertigo Shelly Bond, Editors Will Dennis and Jonathan Vankin, writers Brian Azzarello, Douglas Rushkoff, Brian K. Vaughan, Brian Wood, Percy Carey, Jason Aaron and Andy Diggle, and artists Cameron Stewart and Riccardo Burchielli.

DC Nation

7:30-8:30pm

The call for the NATION to gather has gone out again! Don’t miss the special unveiling of what will sure to be the most talked about event of the coming year! Moderated by Senior VP - Executive Editor DCU Dan DiDio, and featuring VP - Sales Bob Wayne, Senior Editor Mike Marts, Coordinating Editor Jann Jones, writer Paul Dini and writer/artist Keith Giffen.

Saturday, February 24:

Minx: The Face of Modern Fiction

10:30-11:30am

Get in on the ground floor of this edgy, evocative and fearless line of graphic novels designed for young adults! Moderated by Director - Marketing Gayley Carillo, and featuring Group Editor - Vertigo Shelly Bond, writer Cecil Castellucci and artist Jim Rugg.

DCU: A Better Tomorrow - Today!

12-1pm

The DC Universe has been transformed by the events of 52. Living in a world one year later, discover the fate of your favorite heroes in this compelling presentation and Q&A! Moderated by Senior VP - Executive Editor DCU Dan DiDio, and featuring VP - Sales Bob Wayne, writers Paul Dini, Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti, Greg Rucka and Gail Simone, artist Pete Woods and more.

Crossing Over: How the Comics Boom is Changing Entertainment

5-6pm

The incredible amounts of talent from other industries and media crossing over to the comic book world have had an enormous impact on comics. Here’s your chance to discuss their passion for comics! Moderated by VP - Marketing John Cunningham, with writers Greg Rucka, Percy Carey, Cecil Castellucci, Paul Dini, Brian K. Vaughan and others.

Sunday, February 25:

WildStorm/CMX: ‘Gon’ Wild!

12-1pm

The WorldStorm is upon us! Come see what’s coming up that’s sure to amaze. Also, the ever-popular CMX line of manga books including GON, MEGATOKYO and more is spotlighted here for your pleasure. Moderated by VP & General Manager - WildStorm Hank Kanalz, and featuring VP - Sales Bob Wayne, writers Gail Simone and Brian K. Vaughan, artist Whilce Portacio and more.