• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you hugged your pregrader today?

52 posts in this topic

sign-rantpost.gif

I haven't been a member of the Collector's Society for very long but I have quite the knack for picking out a 9.8. Every comic I have submitted has come back a 9.8(except for 1 9.4 which I knew was a 9.4) until today. What's worse is that when I called CGC to ask for the graders notes they say, "We don't normally keep the notes on 9.6's or above" and then to totally destroy my ego I'm told that the pregrader gave it a 9.8 but the other two gave it a 9.6. I'm tempted to get rid of it just because it's an eyesore with so many 9.8's around it. What should I do to recover after such a disastrous occasion?? confused.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

I haven't been a member of the Collector's Society for very long but I have quite the knack for picking out a 9.8. Every comic I have submitted has come back a 9.8(except for 1 9.4 which I knew was a 9.4) until today. What's worse is that when I called CGC to ask for the graders notes they say, "We don't normally keep the notes on 9.6's or above" and then to totally destroy my ego I'm told that the pregrader gave it a 9.8 but the other two gave it a 9.6. I'm tempted to get rid of it just because it's an eyesore with so many 9.8's around it. What should I do to recover after such a disastrous occasion?? confused.gif

I'm assuming that this is all very tongue-in-cheek? confused-smiley-013.gif

Because if not.... screwy.gif

Since you saw the book when it was raw. What was the defect??

I checked it and double checked it and then I checked it some more. There was nothing that would warrant a 9.6. I would have just let it go but then to find out the pregrader gave it a 9.8... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Since you saw the book when it was raw. What was the defect??

I checked it and double checked it and then I checked it some more. There was nothing that would warrant a 9.6. I would have just let it go but then to find out the pregrader gave it a 9.8... Christo_pull_hair.gif

flowerred.gif

Well if you don't want that "lowly 9.6" that's an embarrassment to your collection, I can give you my address & give it a home will it will be well cared for, loved and appreciated...PM me cf02cf03...PM me...One man's garbage is another man's treasure... thumbsup2.gif

I know it's a little early to be speculating on this issue but since notta one has been sumitted I figured I would get it slabbed and then flip it when the hype increases...

485x8wp.jpg

You start a thread about this book foreheadslap.gif