• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has anyone had this problem before?

5 posts in this topic

I've deleted two comics from one of my sets as I intended to add to higher grade comics to replace them, but when I tried to add the comics, I received the following error message: "Certification database currently unreachable." I tried to add the comics again later and received this additional mesage: "This comic is already in the admin queue."

Can anyone translate this into geek speak, so I can understand it?

I've deleted two comics from one of my sets as I intended to add to higher grade comics to replace them, but when I tried to add the comics, I received the following error message: "Certification database currently unreachable." I tried to add the comics again later and received this additional mesage: "This comic is already in the admin queue."

Can anyone translate this into geek speak, so I can understand it?

Yeah...

Don't worry. Be happy. thumbsup2.gif

Logged but not yet showing...it's cool.

If the db isn't reachable, it gets placed in an admin queue. Usually the next business day CGC will go through this queue and fix it so that it shows up. You'll receive a message when it's showing up.

Also, there's a concept known as "slotify" meaning that they have not yet comprised a score base for a given issue. This typically happens when there's no books in the census on that issue when the title was created in the registry. Those again will follow the above process.

It used to be a more manual process but I've noticed that it has gotten very streamlined...no manual interference is usually necessary for CGC to address the issue.