• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which book do you feel is a more significant Golden Age key?......

35 posts in this topic

If both are the same grade I would lean Towards the Torch because it is a number 1

and the second Spector appearence is not[though significant]. Neither is a first appearence. Torchy 1 also has a much more colorful and attractive cover.

More fun 53 is probably Rarer too. Torch 1 is also the first Marvel Superhero along with Subby [in Marvel 1] The Spector was not D.C 1st Superhero. So I lean towards the Marvel guy over the D.C guy

Me too. cloud9.gif

torch1.jpg

If both are the same grade I would lean Towards the Torch because it is a number 1

and the second Spector appearence is not[though significant]. Neither is a first appearence. Torchy 1 also has a much more colorful and attractive cover.

More fun 53 is probably Rarer too. Torch 1 is also the first Marvel Superhero along with Subby [in Marvel 1] The Spector was not D.C 1st Superhero. So I lean towards the Marvel guy over the D.C guy

Me too. cloud9.gif

torch1.jpg

WOW! 893whatthe.gif

Where you been hiding that one!

Me too. cloud9.gif

torch1.jpg

WOW! 893whatthe.gif

Top secret. You need a level-4 clearance for that information. devil.gif

Me too. cloud9.gif

torch1.jpg

WOW! 893whatthe.gif

takeit.gif

Me too. cloud9.gif

torch1.jpg

WOW! 893whatthe.gif

takeit.gif

No!......No!.......No! sumo.gif

hi.gif

Me too. cloud9.gif

torch1.jpg

WOW! 893whatthe.gif

takeit.gif

No!......No!.......No! sumo.gif

hi.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifNiccccce! We are not worthy!

.....and why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

More Fun Comics #53 Mar. 1940 Part 2 origin Spectre

or

Human Torch #2 (#1) Fall 1940 -first Human Torch

What say you??? confused-smiley-013.gif

in support of the android---the spectre can't do this, not even half of it.

torch.jpg

.....and why? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

More Fun Comics #53 Mar. 1940 Part 2 origin Spectre

or

Human Torch #2 (#1) Fall 1940 -first Human Torch

What say you??? confused-smiley-013.gif

in support of the android---the spectre can't do this, not even half of it.

torch.jpg

He has done it again!!!!! 893whatthe.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Parker should change his handle to MR. TIMELY!!!!

Geez Billy, you sure know how to make a fellow red&yellow collector feel inadequate.Ist all the Caps,then the Torchies.I suppose you'll need a fisheye lens to capture your Marvel run.

it's so funny you would use those words; when i had the picture up, i checked the colors of the banners--almost as many yellows as reds, which is pretty rare compared to the mm and cap runs which are so red dominated. me and my fellow timely geeks warmly refer to the global run as "red books," but the torch run does belie that somewhat.

Geez Billy, you sure know how to make a fellow red&yellow collector feel inadequate.Ist all the Caps,then the Torchies.I suppose you'll need a fisheye lens to capture your Marvel run.

it's so funny you would use those words; when i had the picture up, i checked the colors of the banners--almost as many yellows as reds, which is pretty rare compared to the mm and cap runs which are so red dominated. me and my fellow timely geeks warmly refer to the global run as "red books," but the torch run does belie that somewhat.

I like the greens!

Billy

You're right about the torch having more yellow than the others,I never looked at it quite that way before.I was at a small assembly of comic geeks a while back,where we had filled the dining room table with Timely's.My buddy's wife walked into the room and commented on how geeky we all were with our big stacks of red&yellow books.Obviously she was right about us being geeks,and the red&yellow observation has stuck with me since