• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Spangled War Stories 69 two copies. Which would you choose?

13 posts in this topic

Somehow I find myself with two copies of this book. Having a hard time figuring out which one to keep. They both have their plusses and minuses. Please post your grades for both and which one you would keep.

This copy has a crease running down the middle and the crease near the issue number. Page quality is off white with none of the cover tanning that plagues the other copy.

SSWS69creasecopy.jpg

SSWS69creasecopyback.jpg

This copy doesn't have the creasing that the other copy has but has some cover tanning issues. You can see it on the bottom of the cover. Inside of cover has a bit of tanning. Page quality on this one is cream to off white.

SSWS69tanningcovercopy.jpg

SSWS69tanningcovercopyback.jpg

i'd keep the bottom one, since page tanning - while still a significant problem - bothers me less personally than a colour-breaking sub crease. maybe you can slow down the negative effects of page tanning a wee bit with microchamber paper and acid-free boards/mylar, but there's nothing to be done about that crease

The PQ difference is significant between the two books and better pages equal a better reading and handling experience. If you have the book just for the cover then perhaps the bottom copy is the better choice, but if you are looking for a book to read and enjoy you might find the top copy more pleasing over time.

Looks like bottom copy is the winner. Too bad it doesn't have the PQ that the top one has. frown.gif

Actually, because of the tanning I prefer the creased copy because it has much better PQ. Crazy, I know

The PQ difference is significant between the two books and better pages equal a better reading and handling experience. If you have the book just for the cover then perhaps the bottom copy is the better choice, but if you are looking for a book to read and enjoy you might find the top copy more pleasing over time.

thumbsup2.gif