• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Skool Comic Show in southern Cal on April 22, 2007!!!

7 posts in this topic

Finally, a show in southern California where it's all about the comics! The following is a message from Terry O'Neill of Terry's Comics/Nationwide Comics:

=========================================================

April 22 CA, California Comic Book Show , City of Yorba Linda, www.CalComicCon.com , info@CalcomicCon.com

address: 4501 Casa Loma Ave., Show Hours: 9:30 am-5;00 pm, Table Cost:

$85, Admission: $5 includes 1 raffle ticket, Parking: free, Contact info:

Terry O'Neill, P.O. Box 2065, Orange, CA 90859. PH: 714-288-8993.

I am putting on a comic book show in Orange County just for comic fans,

there will only be comic dealers as exhibitors, with an emphasis on vintage

comics. I already have a great guest list with Bill Morrison from Bongo

comics and Russ Heath the Silver-age legend Confirmed and additional local

comic art legends the works.The raffle will include at least two key CGC

graded Silver age comics, 1 Bronze age CGC graded Key Comic, 1 Copper age

CGC graded key Comic and 1 modern age key CGC graded comic. There will

likely be a piece of original comic artwork raffled off as well. Additional

Raffle tickets can be purchased for $1 each at the show door. I hope this

will be the kind of comic show that I remember from my youth when it was all

about the comics, the stories and the artwork.

Why would any one travel to a one day show? This is just miles from Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm, Angel Stadium, Arrowhead Pond, Newport Beach, and Laguna Beach and is in the heart of Orange County CA, otherwise known as the O.C... You may purchase advance tickets by following the link on this page. Tickets will also be sold at Geoffrey's Comics in Torrance, CA and Comic Celler in Monrovia, CA.

Lodging is available at many locations within short distance from the Civic center, see Hotels page for more information.

Terry O'Neill

Terry's Comics

Nation Wide Comics dba Terry's Comics

Giving new homes to old comics!

P.O. BOX 2065

ORANGE, CA. 92859

1-800-938-0325

1-714-288-8993 FAX. 1-714-288-8992

Terry is a good guy. I knew him way back when he was an electrician who sold funny books on the weekend as a hobby. From what I hear, the monthly Shrine show has slowly become something other then a Comics show, so some new blood taking things in a different direction is a good thing for the few comic loving fans left in SoCal.

I'll be going to this show to work with Jamie Newbold (Sothern California Comics) and to just check out the show itself. Having Russ Heath there is a big plus. I hope it's a sucessful show & that Terry will decide from this one to do others. The Shrine show is now every other month & has pretty much run its course. New blood focusing on comics & collector's hopefully will do the trick.