• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Those PGX Guys Have Really Tightened Their Grading...

110 posts in this topic

...i think you could have found a better way to educate the ignorant than to cast aspersions towards people, but hey, that's just me i guess

i'm not here to be clever. thumbsup2.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

I found PGX to be very tough on my books but there are clients that seem to have a knack

for obtaining high grades. Ebayer dhooker manages to get the coveted grades. Six 9.8s,

six 9.9s and one 10.0 out of twenty-four current auctions.

dhooker auctions

Check out this beauty.

shz1a.jpg

gossip.gif He's in cahoots with PGX That's Dennis Hooker from Oregon

I found PGX to be very tough on my books but there are clients that seem to have a knack

for obtaining high grades. Ebayer dhooker manages to get the coveted grades. Six 9.8s,

dhooker auctions

Check out this beauty.

shz1a.jpg

Seems to be an awfully lot of oddball Disney comics, magazines, wee books that show up in PGX slabs. To me it is a pretty good indicator that if you see such a book in a PGX slab, then you should steer clear of the dealer. I seem to recall that Leder used to sell quite a bit of this type of collectible, all in a PGX slab....coincidence...I think not.

Scott

dhooker auctions

Check out this beauty.

shz1a.jpg

Seems to be an awfully lot of oddball Disney comics, magazines, wee books that show up in PGX slabs. To me it is a pretty good indicator that if you see such a book in a PGX slab, then you should steer clear of the dealer. I seem to recall that Leder used to sell quite a bit of this type of collectible, all in a PGX slab....coincidence...I think not.

Scott

Leder and Hooker are together. I sold them a FC #178 First app. of Uncle Scrooge a solid 8.0 as it was, but, with pressing, it had a shot at a 9.4 The Auction was purchased by christinas collectables which is

Christina Leder 4450 Hilton Dr. Eugene

she wanted it shipped to Terance Leder PO box 2423 Eugene

It was paid through paypal by Dennis Hooker 293 W 7th St Eugene

Leder and Hooker are together. I sold them a FC #178 First app. of Uncle Scrooge a solid 8.0 as it was, but, with pressing, it had a shot at a 9.4 The Auction was purchased by christinas collectables which is

Nice work! thumbsup2.gif

Nice work! thumbsup2.gif

Good thing most criminals are pretty stupid.thumbsup2.gif

Nice work! thumbsup2.gif

Good thing most criminals are pretty stupid.(thumbs up

Good thing we have smart board members to sniff out these piles of walking excrement. Good job and thanks for disclosing what I suspected. thumbsup2.gif

Scott

Nice work! thumbsup2.gif

Good info. I think I read this before. I don't know if it was you or another board member with a similar experience.

It sounds to me that leder/hooker aren't (weren't) taking any great steps to disguise their RELATIONSHIP.

Nice work! thumbsup2.gif

Good info. I think I read this before. I don't know if it was you or another board member with a similar experience.

It sounds to me that leder/hooker aren't (weren't) taking any great steps to disguise their RELATIONSHIP.

By RELATIONSHIP you mean that they are just really close friends right?....not that they like to hold each other tenderly or go shopping for antiques.....am I right?

Scott

Nice work! thumbsup2.gif

I posted this about a year and a half ago. It may be in Brian's blog. He did a lot of work, to try to expose the connection between Leder/Hooker/Patterson

Daniel Patterson lives here, which is =SPRINGFIELD&2s=OR&2z=97477-7703&panelbtn=2'>five miles from our friend Mr. Hooker. Coincidence? Probably.

Dr. Hooker is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

I said that about FFB 3 weeks ago. No one got it then either. Just me and you Sal. 27_laughing.gif

to be fair, if you cover up that chunk out of the top and completely ignore the giant water stain and pretend there's no writing on the thing Robin's bursting out of, a VG is a pretty accurate grade for this book

You forgot the part where you fire up a huge bong and take a dozen hits before you begin grading.

emot-350.gifemot-350.gifemot-350.gifemot-350.gifemot-350.gifemot-350.gifemot-350.gifemot-350.gifemot-350.gifemot-350.gifemot-350.gifemot-350.gif

Wow - looks schweeet now!!!!

LingMAO, thanks for that one!

Leder and Hooker are indeed joined at the hip...with Daniel on the other hip...

The only thing I haven't seen, or proven, is if Hooker is selling trimmed PGX slabs that Leder has become notorious for...

Jim

I posted this about a year and a half ago. It may be in Brian's blog. He did a lot of work, to try to expose the connection between Leder/Hooker/Patterson

A number of people, here and on the STLBoards, did alot of work to expose the connection...

Jim