• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eduardo Risso commission art day!

10 posts in this topic

Not wanting to step on other collectors toes (or bore the artist), I decided to forego my original idea of having Risso do a 100 BULLETS or Daredevil/Elektra or Batman/Joker piece at the last minute when my turn came up. For some reason, these two guys popped up in my head. Urban vigilantes, psychos, gun nuts of the world rejoice:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=233243&GSub=21439

I’m breaking my own rule of posting art before I actually receive it. That’s how much I like it. Big thanks to Eduardo and Enrico!

Felix

Well I think DD/Elektra would have been fantastic thumbsup2.gif, but this piece hits the right notes too, congrats!

Thanks!

Don't get me wrong, I would have LOVED a DD/Elektra piece. When I was looking through his commissions gallery, though, I saw that he had already done a few of them (along with my other choices). I was worried that his inspiration in doing another one would be sapped by that point. I also didn't want to piggyback on other collectors who had requested those characters before me. I decided to take a chance and see what happened. I'm happy with the results!

Travis Bickle by Risso! I never saw that one coming, but it's a great combo. thumbsup2.gif

Ok, he's done amazing pieces from Taxi Driver and Pulp Fiction now. I think I need to get on his list for a Keyser Soze piece. 27_laughing.gif

Actually, I'm having all kinds of interesting Risso commission ideas now... How long were you on the waiting list before he got to you?

Not wanting to step on other collectors toes (or bore the artist), I decided to forego my original idea of having Risso do a 100 BULLETS or Daredevil/Elektra or Batman/Joker

I disagree completly. While they maybe "sick and tired" of doing the same characters, does Marvel or DC care if they are paying an artist to do a long running series. They (the artist) must come up with fresh ideas issue after issue...And when you have a run a title like Bagley on USM or Kirby on FF back in the day, it can get a little stale....But if you want a familiar character that the artist is known for and you have your heart set on it, then I would have gone with it.....But overall, it's a nice piece.

Actually, I'm having all kinds of interesting Risso commission ideas now... How long were you on the waiting list before he got to you?

Thanks Solar. I waited about 7 months for my turn to come up. I was originally told that the wait would be a while...I figured about a year, at least. But I got lucky when a couple of people in front of me had to drop out when Risso was ready. My advice is to just get on the list as soon as possible. Enrico (his rep) was super-easy to work with. Good luck!

I disagree completly. While they maybe "sick and tired" of doing the same characters, does Marvel or DC care if they are paying an artist to do a long running series. They (the artist) must come up with fresh ideas issue after issue...And when you have a run a title like Bagley on USM or Kirby on FF back in the day, it can get a little stale....But if you want a familiar character that the artist is known for and you have your heart set on it, then I would have gone with it.....But overall, it's a nice piece.

I know what you're saying, Michael. Of course, if I commission Steve Ditko to do something, it's going to be Spidey, no matter how many times he's done it. That just makes sense, and I don't think any other collectors would mind. In this case, Risso doesn't have any signature characters, outside of 100 BULLETS (and I'm hoping to get a nice interior someday) and maybe Batman. When someone before me had already requested Character A/Character B, that was their unique idea, and it was something unique for Risso. Didn't seem right to piggyback on that.

It was actually Enrico who helped me decide to do try something new for Risso. He had the same thoughts as me on the matter. That sealed it.