• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undervalued Golden age Comic Books...

25 posts in this topic

If indervalued means there is future upside, I really don't know if mid-number Whiz or Captain Marvel Adventures will have much upside. The current storylines have the wizard dead and being replaced by the former CM in a white (light grey?) suit, CM Jr trying to become CM (will he be underpowered?), and Mary possibly not getting her powers back at all.

The reference to the past is becoming less strong with each passing month, with the exception of Jeff Smith's redo of the Monster Society of Evil, and Alex Ross's Kingdom Come/Justice series. Without a reference to the past, would Supes be what he is today if he fizzled in the 70's and there were no movies?

If undervalued means values at or below book, then yes, Whiz and CMA fit the bill. I think the current values have a lot to do with the saturation of the market of Fawcetts over the past 2-6 months, but I also believe they will always be at or below book, unless something happens in the present to draw positive attention to the character. Heck, look at the number of low-mid grade Special Edition #1's have been bouncing around ebay for at or below book. This is his first appearance, and they are tough to sell; how long would an Action #1 or Tec #27 stay on ebay for a BIN under book? I think it would be a different story.

hello all...

not sure if this has been discussed or not, but there is a Captain Marvel/Shazam movie in the works, with a scheduled 2008 release...

rick

I don't know about "under valued", but there are books out there which are priced relitively low considering their importance. Fawcetts for example (Whiz/Captain Marvel's). confused-smiley-013.gif

shhh....i am working on the whiz now....:)

rick

yeah, what he said, still need the money for a nice trolls copy... flowerred.gif

If indervalued means there is future upside, I really don't know if mid-number Whiz or Captain Marvel Adventures will have much upside. The current storylines have the wizard dead and being replaced by the former CM in a white (light grey?) suit, CM Jr trying to become CM (will he be underpowered?), and Mary possibly not getting her powers back at all.

The reference to the past is becoming less strong with each passing month, with the exception of Jeff Smith's redo of the Monster Society of Evil, and Alex Ross's Kingdom Come/Justice series. Without a reference to the past, would Supes be what he is today if he fizzled in the 70's and there were no movies?

If undervalued means values at or below book, then yes, Whiz and CMA fit the bill. I think the current values have a lot to do with the saturation of the market of Fawcetts over the past 2-6 months, but I also believe they will always be at or below book, unless something happens in the present to draw positive attention to the character. Heck, look at the number of low-mid grade Special Edition #1's have been bouncing around ebay for at or below book. This is his first appearance, and they are tough to sell; how long would an Action #1 or Tec #27 stay on ebay for a BIN under book? I think it would be a different story.

hello all...

not sure if this has been discussed or not, but there is a Captain Marvel/Shazam movie in the works, with a scheduled 2008 release...

rick

It is in pre-production, which can last a long time. There is no -script, director, or actors signed to the film.