• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Question

21 posts in this topic

I know there is a Signature Series seciton, but I wanted to get this post maximum viewership.

I notice that some SS have small skethes on them, which I find totally cool!!! Is it up to the person signing if one is done or is there a possibility of asking?

Just wanted to hear some experiences.

Also, I would assume everyone would always want a SS with a sketch as opposed to just the signature.. right?

I will try and answer this...

When asking a creator to sign a book, there is the occasion where the creator is asked to do a sketch on the cover of the book.

Some people would rather the book just be signed on the cover, while others love sketches on covers (myself and Pirate among others).

That is the great part of SS books, you can collect in a multitude of ways. If you are submitting a book and you have good feeling that the creator will sketch, you can always ask the witness (if you are mailing them off to a witness) to see if you can get a sketch. Because sketches are few and far between, many times the answer can be no or that there will be an additional fee. That is dependent on the witness, but all witnesses do their best to get what you want!

Hope that helps, and I am sure some other witnesses will chime in as well as the director, Kevin!

Also, I would assume everyone would always want a SS with a sketch as opposed to just the signature.. right?

Not if the signer was a writer tongue.gif

marv wolfman and mark waid draw halfway decent as does Karl Kessel

True. I've had Ian Boothby and Neil Gaiman do sketches on the covers.

hail.gif Sweet Books! Does that mean we're posting SS books with sketches?

I love this one cloud9.gif

DSC00081.jpg

Was there when he did that sketch. Also went to find a copy for myself to get one done but was already getting too many books done.

hail.gif Sweet Books! Does that mean we're posting SS books with sketches?

I love this one cloud9.gif

DSC00081.jpg

Was there when he did that sketch. Also went to find a copy for myself to get one done but was already getting too many books done.

This book taunts me in my dreams..... hail.gif

If you want maximum exposure on something to do with Signature Series, then the Signing Room Forum IS the best place to ask a SS question.

Sketches are something that the Witness may request of the creator at the time of signing and one never knows how a creator will react to such a request.

I don't accept sketch requests from customers because:

1. They are impossible to guarantee and you don't know how the creator will react to the request, especially when you show up with a small stack of books for them to sign.

2. It dramatically increases the risk of damaging the book as the artist draws on it.

Now if the creator is doing a signing at the CGC booth, then the customer may approach the artist about getting the sketch done and then submit the book for SS. If the customer is in line for the creator and arranges for a CGC Witness to be present at the time of the signing/sketching, the book can be submitted for SS.

Some artists will do one or more for free, others will charge you whatever they feel is an appropriate amount for the sketch.

I should rephrase...if writing is thier ONLY talent when it comes to creating a book tonofbricks.gif