• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KILLER 7.5 Amazing Fantasy 15 Goes Live Tonight on Pedigree Comics!

34 posts in this topic

good point. and I wonder that if the 9.4 DD#1 was such a dead ringer for his 9.6 why he didnt go for the upgrade already? or did he?

He picked that DD # 1 up last year at Mega-Con, back when it was an old label 9.4. I pointed it out to him initially, and he thought it had a shot at a 9.6 so he swung a cash and trade deal for it..

Doug just has the touch I guess. confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually he has CGC right down the street.

nice book but a little overhyped IMO!

I dunno - hype is good and may help to drive the price up to where the seller will actually part with the book.

i have a general question regarding establishing initial prices (where there is plenty of similar sales data).

using this book as an example, does putting up an initial price which is $6,000 more than the highest ever realized to date (GPA data only), give the seller the chance to counteroffer down to a pricepoint where a buyer feels they negotiated well??

or, does it run the risk of scaring away potential bidders?

the highest price realized for an 8.0 (GPA only, again) is lower than the asking price on this one.

i have no horse in this race and am solely interested from the aspect of what folks think makes the best marketing sense............(or is this listing the result of movie hype??) confused.gif

The most recent 8.0 sales price in GPA ($20,000) that you referenced is nearly 2 years old. I am no big fan of the practice of calling out dealers for pricing above GPA, but I especially think that it makes little sense to do that if the GPA price you're talking about is almost 2 years old on a book like AF#15, which experiences wild swings in prices realized from week to week, depending on who saw a particular auction.

When you look at some of the more recent sales (like the 8.5 that sold for $37,500 a year ago), a strong 7.5 (assuming that's what this book is) seems like it is pretty fairly priced at 21,000 -- at least as an initial asking price. I say "assuming that's what this is" because Doug's scans are never big enough on a book like this, and there is never a back cover scan. Sorry Doug, but a $21K book deserves a bigger scan and a back cover scan.

The November 2006 sale of a 7.5 for $15,000 that shows on GPA seems really low, since that is essentially what the book was selling for three years ago.

You know what else I just realized? This CGC 7.5 on Doug's site is the same exact book that Metro has on its site as a raw 8.0. From looking at Metro's scan, it is obviously the same book. Same asking price, too ($21,000). Looks like Metro needs to update their site!

You know what else I just realized? This CGC 7.5 on Doug's site is the same exact book that Metro has on its site as a raw 8.0. From looking at Metro's scan, it is obviously the same book. Same asking price, too ($21,000). Looks like Metro needs to update their site!

interesting...

Good catch! Good to know I'm not the only one with too much time on my hands. poke2.gif Nice scan on Pedigree with about one inch cropped off the bottom..

great catch... and looke like Doug has a buyer at 21K.

OK, so Harry, do you still need an answer to your question? 27_laughing.gif

well, it did take almost a full week to realize the asking price. 893whatthe.gif

pretty impressive and this helps establish a new baseline for nice AF 15's......... thumbsup2.gif

if it is the same copy that metro had for 21k, it looks like the buyer of that took a hit if they bought it at the asking price

CGC walkthrough fees won't have been cheap, and then there's the pedigree consignment fee .....

if it is the same copy that metro had for 21k, it looks like the buyer of that took a hit if they bought it at the asking price

CGC walkthrough fees won't have been cheap, and then there's the pedigree consignment fee .....

good chance it was a consignment to metro but then the seller removed it from them and had certifed and relisted on pedigree! Any way you slice it I doubt the owner certified it and asked for the same price they paid for the raw copy!