• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calvin & Hobbes

12 posts in this topic

Just opened the complete Calvin & Hobbes slipcase. It is awesome. I started reading at 11:30 two nights ago and kept reading till 1:00. I'm on page 31. My brother gave it to me for X-mas and my mom gave me Something under the Bed is Drooling (guess my mom likes me about one sixteenth as much as my brother likes me) So beautiful and simple. To be a kid again.

I was a Calvinball state champion when I was in college.....

Scott

Calvinball is cool, how many times do we get to make up the rules ourself along the way in anything as adults..? being a kid was the best yay.gif

I love that boxed set... my wife gave it to me last year. As great as the comics are, Watterson's story of how he became a famous cartoonist, the weight of doing it everyday, and his eventual departure from the industry is touching, sort of sad, and ultimately an inspiration for anyone who doesn't want their art to be constrained by business.

Easily the greatest newspaper cartoonist since Charles Schulz, and equal to other 20th century greats like Walt Kelly, George Herriman and Milton Caniff. Just an enormously talented and entertaining cartoonist.

Shep