• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"BLUE RIDGE" PEDIGREE ?!

40 posts in this topic

Check out this line from his auction description....

"WE SENT A SUPER SWEET GROUP TO THE KIDS AT CGC, WE GOT BACK SADLY UNDERGRADED BOOKS! WE HAVE SOLD A FEW HUNDRED MINT'S, MINT-, NEAR MINTS FROM THIS COLECTION TO VERY SATISFIED CUSTOMERS.. THESE ARE MUCH NICER THAN THE GRADES FROM MY 30 YEARS IN THE BUSINESS OPINION, BUT HECK WHAT DO I KNOW..."

I am beginning to wonder if this guy knows anything at all.......

The pics of the unslabbed SS 3 and 4, being pinched by the grubby hand with un-manicured overgrown thumbnail instill such a feeling of nausea...excuse me while I go barf...

Gotta love the titles...why get something slabbed by CGC if all you;re gonna do is rag on their grades? Nice sell tactic... I'm posting my 9.8 slabs like that from now on: "Batman Superman 1 RRP Retailer variant CGC 9.8 (are you f'kin sh'ttin' me, CGC?)"

Not if you are gonna b.[!@#%^&^] and moan about CGC 8.0's and 9.2's...was it any wonder that they got knocked down? We could probably lift a perfect thumbprint from the oils he leaves in the cover gloss. foreheadslap.gif

Try handling books with latex gloves and let them rest in your palms, taking care not to bend them beyond the slightest degrees...just a hint if you are looking for CGC 9.6 and up on those books... makepoint.gif

Man - I'm just picturing what took place to get those pics.

Let me fumble with my digital camera with my right hand, while my left hand is pinching the sh.t out of that particular spot, and flopping my SS 3 all over the place while I focus and get the writing on the spine legible wnough...oh that came out blurry...let me try again... foreheadslap.gif

Man - I'm just picturing what took place to get those pics. Let me fumble with my digital camera with my right hand, while my left hand is pinching the sh.t out of that particular spot, and flopping my SS 3 all over the place while I focus and get the writing on the spine legible wnough...oh that came out blurry...let me try again...

Yeah, and all of that was done while eating a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ash tray.

Just imagine...

Man - I'm just picturing what took place to get those pics.

Let me fumble with my digital camera with my right hand, while my left hand is pinching the sh.t out of that particular spot, and flopping my SS 3 all over the place while I focus and get the writing on the spine legible wnough...oh that came out blurry...let me try again... foreheadslap.gif

But you're acting like those books were anything higher than 8.0-9.0 to begin with 27_laughing.gif

I did make it out to this guy's house. He's a really nice guy, but his grading is off by 4 to 8 notches on average. I showed him some verbose detail why some of his "Mint-" and "NM-" books were quite a bit lower than that, and he sort of marvelled that I could find such "small defects" as half a dozen 1/16" spine stresses or edge creases on a comic.

I did manage to pick up some really nice pre-158 Modern Daredevils, and a few Fantastic Fours including a NM- copy of 154 and a NM copy of 200, but his grading was usually a full alpha grade off.

I've purchased a SHIELD #2 advertised as NM-, which turned out to be FVF.

But Kermit (Osserman is the family name) refunded me to make it up from being off-grade.

He's a really nice guy, and I gave him a positive ffedback, but from now on I will deduct 1 to 2 grades from the advertised grade 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hilarious thread. I too recoiled when I saw that pict of the SS#4 but then figured CGC prob knocked it down at least 1.0 for that insult. So I figured the book prob has the eye appeal of a 9.4 which is what I'm looking for in this book. So I pulled the trigger. Going prices on this book >CGC9.0 seem ridiculous. Hopefully that thumb oil isn't slowly digesting the cover.

I like the cover of this book so much I'll tint the case and hang it on the wall (next to my Simpsons cel) if the CGC market crashes.

I've noticed that negativity of any kind in one's item description will turn off potential bidders and keep the winning price down. Also, in this case his ranting strongly suggested to me his unslabbed books were overgraded.

ever see that seinfeld episode "soup nazi"?

I've been to the Soup Nazi's soup kitchen in NYC...killer soup, and he really is like that!! I'm sure she was egging him on, but my mother-in-law sort of took her time paying, fumbling through her purse for loose change, and he gave her a dirty look like this:

mad.gif "No soup for you!" 893naughty-thumb.gif

I've purchased a SHIELD #2 advertised as NM-, which turned out to be FVF.

But Kermit (Osserman is the family name) refunded me to make it up from being off-grade.

He's a really nice guy, and I gave him a positive ffedback, but from now on I will deduct 1 to 2 grades from the advertised grade 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

...Maybe if a few more folks gave the guy neutrals, the rest of the buying public would be forewarned and wouldn't fall into the same trap...

Well. The thing is. He really didn't do anything to deserve a negative. The books I bought from him were misgraded, but he shipped quickly. Was very friendly, and then immediately issued a refund upon me returning the books. I did mention that the books were misgraded in my feedback, but I'm certainly not leaving a neutral for that.

Brian