• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRE 2010: SIGNATURE SERIES: QUESTIONS & ANSWERS THREAD

288 posts in this topic

I was wondering about the process for an artist to do a sketch on a blank cover and then have them mail it to a cgc witness? I see above I should ask Paul Litch, but how do I contact him?

My other question: if I have an artist begin working on several sketches now, and then they attended the Emerald City con in March and brought the finished sketches, would CGC be able to certify them as Signature Series?

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Mervin

"I was wondering about the process for an artist to do a sketch on a blank cover and then have them mail it to a cgc witness? I see above I should ask Paul Litch, but how do I contact him?"

As per the 2010 rules, they can't be mailed to a CGC witness, but in some cases the artist can send the books directly to CGC's offices. This must be worked out in advance which is why it needs to be discussed with CGC on a case by case basis. plitch@cgccomics.com or call CGC directly at 1-877-NM-COMIC

"My other question: if I have an artist begin working on several sketches now, and then they attended the Emerald City con in March and brought the finished sketches, would CGC be able to certify them as Signature Series?"

Yes. They would have to be picked up from the artist at the convention in front of a CGC employee. The artist should hold off on signing the work until they are picked up, they should endorse the sketch at that time as their work.

"My other question: if I have an artist begin working on several sketches now, and then they attended the Emerald City con in March and brought the finished sketches, would CGC be able to certify them as Signature Series?"

Yes. They would have to be picked up from the artist at the convention in front of a CGC employee. The artist should hold off on signing the work until they are picked up, they should endorse the sketch at that time as their work.

kevin, not trying step on any toes.....but how is it possible for an artist to forge their own sig

if the CGC employee is picking up the sketch off the artist already signed, how can it be said that the sig is forged....that would mean the artist forged their own sig

again not trying to step on toes, but i have been wondering about this, bc it almost sounds like you would be calling the artist a lier

kevin, not trying step on any toes.....but how is it possible for an artist to forge their own sig

if the CGC employee is picking up the sketch off the artist already signed, how can it be said that the sig is forged....that would mean the artist forged their own sig

again not trying to step on toes, but i have been wondering about this, bc it almost sounds like you would be calling the artist a lier

How does an artist forge their own sig? Reading that made me instantly semi-retarded.

No one is calling anyone a liar, the process is completed when the artist signs the work in front of the CGC employee at the public event. It's not the end of the world if they have already signed it, but the employee is still responsible for verifying with the artist that the work is theirs and on what date the sketch was done for the label.

Thread closed for now.