• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-men 1

15 posts in this topic

I posted this before i bought it with the scan that was available. Now it is received and i scanned it myself and am interested in your grading opinions on it now.

As can be seen in the scan, very slight Marvel chipping is present, other than that the stain on FC is obviously the most important parimeter for the grade. Pages are strict off-white.

X-men1my.jpg

X-men1mybc.jpg

I agree with 2.5...big surprise!...but I think the book looks quite nice for the grade. Without the stains & color lifts at the bottom, I'd probably think 3.5ish due to spine wear, chips on spine/corners & the creasing through the logo. With them, 2.5 makes sense but I could see a case for 3.0 as well.

Nice pickup! thumbsup2.gif

2.5 poke2.gif

frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifmakepoint.gifpoke2.gif

you know what i mean!!

The book was in a CGC 2.5 holder so its a 2.5 makepoint.gif

What a typical point of view from the modern CGC 9.8 collector...you really are brainwashed makepoint.gif

Its a 3.0 sumo.gif

No offense MD but look at my X-Men 1 confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree with the 2.5 grade and think it looks pretty decent all things considered, but the stains and color/paper loss on the LLC and the significant rubbing and creasing on the LRC drag it down to that level.

but generally the center image is pretty much untouched with nice color...

I agree with 2.5...big surprise!...but I think the book looks quite nice for the grade. Without the stains & color lifts at the bottom, I'd probably think 3.5ish due to spine wear, chips on spine/corners & the creasing through the logo. With them, 2.5 makes sense but I could see a case for 3.0 as well.

Nice pickup! thumbsup2.gif

agree with Point Five on this point...

Honestly, I think this book would present worse in person due to the heavy spine + cover damage. Don't mean to provoke though, just opinion.

flowerred.gif

and no disrespect taken.. but you are wrong, it presents MUCH nicer in person which is often the case with books in this grade... i have tried to explain the structure is far better than the grade and the only thing bringing it to 3.0 is the stain. Whatever, however, i am happy with the book and the purchase sumo.gif