• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

all star #8 CGC 8.5 OW

25 posts in this topic

Personally, I don't think it is an undervalued book at all. Look at the Wonderwomen stuff available and the prices they command, not a huge amount of interest (but admittedly some). Nope, seems like guide is about right on that one.

yeah.....what he said tongue.gif

I should mention that I am no Wonder Woman hater, I actually have had my eyes open for several years for a clean copy of Sensation 1 and Wonder Woman 1, just haven't found exactly what I want yet and really see no need to rush.

hello all...

I agree...as I too have been "casually" watching for a WW 1, AS 8, etc and they always seem to go for a percentage of guide, even in high grade (8.0 Sen 1 went for 75% of guide on last heritage, someone mentioned the 7.5 AS 8 that went for 80% of guide, etc)....true an 8.5 is at a different level, but a 20-25% bump in price puts it at guide...

don't get me wrong, it is a great book, and may very well be worth 1.5x current guide in the future, but then we are talking about TVM ("time value of money" to you non economists out there) and that opens a whole new can of worms...

rick

Nice move Rick. Beating up on Wonder Woman - a girl. Who's next? Lois Lane? Spider-Woman?

Stephen

actually, I was thinking about going after Jessica Biel

yay.gif

rick

Yea, I most definitely agree with you on that one devil.gif

Personally, I don't think it is an undervalued book at all. Look at the Wonderwomen stuff available and the prices they command, not a huge amount of interest (but admittedly some). Nope, seems like guide is about right on that one.

I should mention that I am no Wonder Woman hater, I actually have had my eyes open for several years for a clean copy of Sensation 1 and Wonder Woman 1, just haven't found exactly what I want yet and really see no need to rush.

hello all...

I agree...as I too have been "casually" watching for a WW 1, AS 8, etc and they always seem to go for a percentage of guide, even in high grade (8.0 Sen 1 went for 75% of guide on last heritage, someone mentioned the 7.5 AS 8 that went for 80% of guide, etc)....true an 8.5 is at a different level, but a 20-25% bump in price puts it at guide...

don't get me wrong, it is a great book, and may very well be worth 1.5x current guide in the future, but then we are talking about TVM ("time value of money" to you non economists out there) and that opens a whole new can of worms...

rick

Nice move Rick. Beating up on Wonder Woman - a girl. Who's next? Lois Lane? Spider-Woman?

Stephen

yay.gif

rick

I read an interview recently where Jessica Biel talks about her weakness for overweight bearded comic collector/dealers. Her turn-off: CGC graded comics.

D

hello all...

rick

Stephen

yay.gif

rick

I read an interview recently where Jessica Biel talks about her weakness for overweight bearded comic collector/dealers. Her turn-off: CGC graded comics.

D

sign-funnypost.gif

jessica, if you are out there...I am 6", 190lbs and couldn't grow a beard if I wanted to headbang.gif

hello all...

rick

Stephen

yay.gif

rick

D

sign-funnypost.gif

jessica, if you are out there...I am 6", 190lbs and couldn't grow a beard if I wanted to headbang.gif

short but heavy huh?

27_laughing.gif

sounds like the Atom!

hello all...

rick

Stephen

yay.gif

rick

D

sign-funnypost.gif

short but heavy huh?

27_laughing.gif

sounds like the Atom!

I believe Jessica is with Justin Timberlake right now. I know that JT took her snowboarding last week or something