• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this book.

82 posts in this topic

Can anyone give me the cliff notes of this post so I don't have to read the whole thing? I have a suspicious feeling that I'll want that time back.

-Donut lists a book on Ebay

-TBH questions the grade of the book

-TBH posts a pic of the book here, not in the grading forum, asking for what would the book grade

-People realize that the book is Donuts

-People discuss merits of sending Donut a PM rather than discussing it here first

-People discuss that TBH did it knowing what the result would be

-People discuss other things that other people discussed earlier in regards to things that had already been discussed.

-Thread takes up too much time in our lives that is neither valuable nor redeemable for free mylars in the future

move. and chickens#*(# excuses to boot. not sure what Donut did to pizz you off, but at leas sack up and admit it.

sumo.gif

Hey, watch who you are replying to, as people will think you are talking to me. sumo.gif

i was. gossip.gif

poke2.gif

move. and chickens#*(# excuses to boot. not sure what Donut did to pizz you off, but at leas sack up and admit it.

sumo.gif

Give it a rest. Just because the guy disagrees with someone's grading, there is no need to make it personal. I think i can safely say that Donut has thick enough skin to handle a simple difference of opinion.

Tough to grade... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

If the art/story is 100% complete and can be read without pieces falling off then it's a Fair(1.0) at least.

1.5 Maybe if there is a GA bump. insane.gif

If the story is affected then it's down in the poor range Poor; Poor/Fair(.5 - .75)

Well, I'm sorry....I was confused by the g/g+ grading of the book and needed to see if my grading standards were out of whack, that's all. I didn't realise that was bad form.

..it was graded fair/good,...and it is in poor taste,...and this never would have happened in the Golden Age of Wonderment, when we all had ethics,...

Yeah.

Back then we would have just emailed him naked pics of your mom and be done with it.

But nooooo....

Now we start threads and everything! mad.gif

sumo.gif

751016001o.jpg
I would have said Good or Good-

But not G+ unless this is some kooky GoldenAge bump.

Mold must have been a production defect.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sumo.gif

Give it a rest. Just because the guy disagrees with someone's grading, there is no need to make it personal. I think i can safely say that Donut has thick enough skin to handle a simple difference of opinion.

perhaps you should follow your own advice. for the record, i couldn't care less about the disagreement in grading. that wasn't ever the point imho

Well, I'm sorry....I was confused by the g/g+ grading of the book and needed to see if my grading standards were out of whack, that's all. I didn't realise that was bad form.

..it was graded fair/good,...and it is in poor taste,...and this never would have happened in the Golden Age of Wonderment, when we all had ethics,...

Yeah.

Back then we would have just emailed him naked pics of your mom and be done with it.

But nooooo....

Now we start threads and everything! mad.gif

sumo.gif

..true,... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif...that reminds me,..you still owe her $50.00,...

Can anyone give me the cliff notes of this post so I don't have to read the whole thing? I have a suspicious feeling that I'll want that time back.

-Donut lists a book on Ebay

-TBH questions the grade of the book

-TBH posts a pic of the book here, not in the grading forum, asking for what would the book grade

-People realize that the book is Donuts

-People discuss merits of sending Donut a PM rather than discussing it here first

-People discuss that TBH did it knowing what the result would be

-People discuss other things that other people discussed earlier in regards to things that had already been discussed.

-Thread takes up too much time in our lives that is neither valuable nor redeemable for free mylars in the future

893applaud-thumb.gif You totally rock Arex. Thanks for the info. How's it goin' anyway? hi.gif Working on Thors or Avengers these days?

I revised it based on the initial post from G/G+ to F/G, which was a legit call upon a second and third look at the book. It doesn't show "revised" if you change it during the auction, before there are bids on it

It most definitely is NOT a "poor", and F/G is OK. The auction has been pulled. Everybody happy now?

I have to agree with FD on this one - if you know it's a book from a board member (and I think FlyingDonut's ebay handle closely resembles his moniker here) then it SHOULD have gone to PM. Way out of line IMO.

No, it's a great read of The_Black_Hand getting spanked! Happy Birthday FD once again! cool.gif

The terms and language you are using are very harsh. "Badly misgraded book" and other such things show that you feel ripped off by Donut. Now, I've had some dealings with Donut, all good, and I was very pleased. However like the other forum member mentioned he did include Hi Res scans of the book, so you could see for yourself what it was.

And there is a difference between Ebay sellers and the people on the boards. I mentioned a kind of "good ol' boy" system. However I think you're mistaken, we are more like a community, helping each other and having fun with the hobby. So a form of discretion and such would be great.

Anyways, you didn't buy the book, so who cares!!! We've all looked at thousands of books that were overgraded or something like that...did we buy them...sometimes.....If we didn't did we remember them, probably not.

Excellent post, Chi Bamm thumbsup2.gif

laugh.gif