• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this book.

82 posts in this topic

You know, instead of PMing me and person_without_enough_empathying about my grading, which is perfectly fine, you've posted this book up here.

Now my email is getting bombarded by the people who just look for reasons to give me *spoon* mad.gif and I've had to pull the auction so it won't get posted up on other message boards, linked to this one, so those self-same people can continue to give me *spoon*. Of course, since you've posted the book here, its already happening. frustrated.gif

If you have a problem with how I grade a book, contact me and we can work something out, rather than putting it out in an open forum.

Of course, instead of doing that, we'd all just randomly blast somebody, because that's much more fun.

You know, instead of PMing me and person_without_enough_empathying about my grading, which is perfectly fine, you've posted this book up here.

I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't want to draw attention to the fact that it was your book. Questioning a forum member's grades on books that are for sale is bad form, plain and simple. If you don't like the book, simply pass on it, no need to *spoon* on it.

Now my email is getting bombarded by the people who just look for reasons to give me *spoon* mad.gif and I've had to pull the auction so it won't get posted up on other message boards, linked to this one, so those self-same people can continue to give me *spoon*. Of course, since you've posted the book here, its already happening. frustrated.gif

If you have a problem with how I grade a book, contact me and we can work something out, rather than putting it out in an open forum.

Of course, instead of doing that, we'd all just randomly blast somebody, because that's much more fun.

You know, I made a point of not mentioning where the book came from. It seemed so out of whack I just had to post it. I wasn't interested in buying it, so we had nothing to work out I just needed to make sure my thoughts on grading weren't way out of line. Appears they aren't.Sorry if it caused you any trouble but it appears to be a valid topic of discussion.

I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't want to draw attention to the fact that it was your book. Questioning a forum member's grades on books that are for sale is bad form, plain and simple. If you don't like the book, simply pass on it, no need to *spoon* on it.

Ditto x2

Where did you think this thread was going to go Blackhand?.. Where it always does on this forum, talking about what whose book it actually is.

Well, I'm sorry....I was confused by the g/g+ grading of the book and needed to see if my grading standards were out of whack, that's all. I didn't realise that was bad form.

..it was graded fair/good,...and it is in poor taste,...and this never would have happened in the Golden Age of Wonderment, when we all had ethics,...

Well, I'm sorry....I was confused by the g/g+ grading of the book and needed to see if my grading standards were out of whack, that's all. I didn't realise that was bad form.

I know I may get attacked for this, but i personally don't think you did anything wrong. Its just hypocritical to think its ok to post scans and criticize random ebay sellers on their grading and not ok when its one of our own that gets called out.

..it was graded fair/good,...and it is in poor taste,...and this never would have happened in the Golden Age of Wonderment, when we all had ethics,...

You mean when all of the loveable banned members roamed these CGC hills in freedom and all was at peace with backer boards galore. cloud9.gif