• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this book.

82 posts in this topic

Well, I'm sorry....I was confused by the g/g+ grading of the book and needed to see if my grading standards were out of whack, that's all. I didn't realise that was bad form.

I know I may get attacked for this, but i personally don't think you did anything wrong. Its just hypocritical to think its ok to post scans and criticize random ebay sellers on their grading and not ok when its one of our own that gets called out.

Sometimes I think it's mandatory to have at least one EBAY related thread at all times on the top 20 ComGeneral threads. tongue.gif

Well, I'm sorry....I was confused by the g/g+ grading of the book and needed to see if my grading standards were out of whack, that's all. I didn't realise that was bad form.

..it was graded fair/good,...and it is in poor taste,...and this never would have happened in the Golden Age of Wonderment, when we all had ethics,...

The grade on the auction was g/g+, not fair/good, by the way.

..it was graded fair/good,...and it is in poor taste,...and this never would have happened in the Golden Age of Wonderment, when we all had ethics,...

You mean when all of the loveable banned members roamed these CGC hills in freedom and all was at peace with backer boards galore. cloud9.gif

...Man!,..I can almost taste the purple Kool-Aid now!!,...no one ever over-graded or got scammed,...and you could buy a NM copy of ASM #300 for 50 cents!,... grin.gif

...unless it was changed before it was cancelled you are incorrect,..I am looking at it now,..

I know I may get attacked for this, but i personally don't think you did anything wrong. Its just hypocritical to think its ok to post scans and criticize random ebay sellers on their grading and not ok when its one of our own that gets called out.

What he did wrong was not go to Donut and try and work it out in private. That is the mistake.

The difference is, when we know its one of us, the correct route to go is through PM's first.

seriously, that's a move.

if i have to explain the difference between some nobody ebay seller and a contributor on these boards, then you're pretty much beyond my help.

why not just send donut a PM, asking him why he graded it that way?

...unless it was changed before it was cancelled you are incorrect,..I am looking at it now,..

Must have been changed, does it say revised anywhere? It does say revised, the grading was changed once and then the auction ended.

What is funny is there is a HUGE hi res scan. If he graded it incorrectly and or people did not agree with it. All one has to do is scroll down and take a look for themselves. If the description did not match the book, or there was a smallish scan, or no scan.. I could see somebody questioning what they see.

And of course it is fair play to bring up something to the boards attention, but as was said.. a little discretion might have helped before posting it for all too see, that's all.

Ze-

Nope, doesn't have it revised anywhere.

Here is the description:

Top-Notch Comics 24

The Black Hood!

Fair/Good copy of Top-Notch 24, great Black Hood cover. Piece missing from top right corner, some rusting at staples. Complete, tattered corner does not affect the stories at all. Solid lower-grade copy of a very fun early MLJ.. Bright cover colors, nice pages. Super copy!

Yes it does say revised, check the auction again, theres a little section that tells you if an auction has been revised, that one had been, From g/g+ to fair/good. Why do you think that would be? Anyway, this is my last post on this subject before this spirals into a slap fight. Just calling attention to grading that was out of whack.The whole smokescreen about board ethics is just a diversion to take our minds off the initial post and scan. Kind of a good old boy system.

I revised it based on the initial post from G/G+ to F/G, which was a legit call upon a second and third look at the book. It doesn't show "revised" if you change it during the auction, before there are bids on it

It most definitely is NOT a "poor", and F/G is OK. The auction has been pulled. Everybody happy now?

Nope, doesn't have it revised anywhere.

Here is the description:

Top-Notch Comics 24

The Black Hood!

Fair/Good copy of Top-Notch 24, great Black Hood cover. Piece missing from top right corner, some rusting at staples. Complete, tattered corner does not affect the stories at all. Solid lower-grade copy of a very fun early MLJ.. Bright cover colors, nice pages. Super copy!

The description was revised at Feb-01-07 08:29:34 PST and cancelled Feb-01-07 08:45:13 PST...

Jim