• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OO collection and the "L"

28 posts in this topic

So, if anyone bought this book, would you get it restored? I think I might...

looks nice as is to me

maybe not the best resto candidate

Centerfold and cover detatched?

can't tell in the slab.

If restored, you just have a Suspense 3 with cover and cf detached +glue+ restapled. not worth it IMO.

So, if anyone bought this book, would you get it restored? I think I might...

looks nice as is to me

maybe not the best resto candidate

Centerfold and cover detatched?

can't tell in the slab.

If restored, you just have a Suspense 3 with cover and cf attached +glue+ restapled. not worth it IMO.

I'm not a big resto person but I like my books with attached covers. I would definitely take the opportunity to crack the slab before submission to the restorer and read the book if it wasn't brittle.

In the case of something like a Suspense 3, would it be worth going from 1.5 as is to say 6.0 Extensive(P)? What would that do to the book's value? I can't ever do the calculations and all that stuff correctly. Nor do I have the slightest idea about resto anyway. Although I think I'm gonna get the cover reattached on a Fantastic 5 I have. It's a beaut and I want to read it without damaging it worse. But that's not even in the same league.

He just posted a Suspense #3. It's a 1.5, but a VERY presentable 1.5. cloud9.gif

GPA on this book was $3,346, do you think it will go higher as its not a bad looking 1.5 copy. Also, do you really think this is a Gerber 8? There are 7 different grades in GPA alone, 9 in the census.

Maybe I'm naive but I bet it goes for less. This seller is killing themselves with listing all these huge books at once. I'd say Gerber 8 with the insert BTW.

He just posted a Suspense #3. It's a 1.5, but a VERY presentable 1.5. cloud9.gif

GPA on this book was $3,346, do you think it will go higher as its not a bad looking 1.5 copy. Also, do you really think this is a Gerber 8? There are 7 different grades in GPA alone, 9 in the census.

This copy is MUCH more attractive than the 1.5 that sold for $3.346. That copy had a large, ragged, hideously ugly chunk out of the top of the cover, and red tape all along the spine.

This copy is MUCH more attractive than the 1.5 that sold for $3.346. That copy had a large, ragged, hideously ugly chunk out of the top of the cover, and red tape all along the spine.

Thought it was the same book. Probably would have been better to throw this book on Comic Link with an asking price of $4,200. Chances are he could probably net more than $3,346 that way. I think there are a few board members here who consider this to be a grail purchase.