• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just bought a batman #37 looking for...

19 posts in this topic

this is my first golden age book,i was thrilled to get it,its a cgc 4.0 with no restoration,and one of the coolest covers i have ever seen.i want to buy the books that were released the same month from DC if anyone can help me out with a list.i seriously doubt i will be able to afford a complete Batman run anytime soon,so i will just be picking one up here and there.well anyway.the book is the Oct/Nov 1946 issue,so if anyone knows what Superman,Brave and the bold,flash,whatever was released at that time,i would greatly appreciate the info.

That's the Joker cover isn't it? Has 1 or more stories inside by the great Jerry Robinson. Good stuff! I should be able to get you some of that information once I check my copy of Keltner's guide when I get home. (But no B&B unfortunately-- that series didn't get underway til the mid-1950s!)

Congrats!

Z.

awesome,i am looking around now,but its hard when you dont know your way around to well.is there a site that would have that info?if not that might be a good idea for soem one to list all titles released monthly,maybe even with dates.from what i see there are plenty of stamped covers out there,lol!

here is a link to a pic i found on the internet,i hope the site owner isnt offended that i used the pic as reference.teh cover is incredible,it really turned me on to golden age art,due to the prices,i never even considered buying golden age till now!

batman 37

awesome,i am looking around now,but its hard when you dont know your way around to well.is there a site that would have that info?if not that might be a good idea for soem one to list all titles released monthly,maybe even with dates.from what i see there are plenty of stamped covers out there,lol!

here is a link to a pic i found on the internet,i hope the site owner isnt offended that i used the pic as reference.teh cover is incredible,it really turned me on to golden age art,due to the prices,i never even considered buying golden age till now!

batman 37

I forget how long ago it was but a forum member posted a link to an index site where you can get an inventory of books by year. When I have a moment I will try and find it.

Here's a quick list jotted down. Note not all books were published on the same schedule as Batman-- what follows are the October-ish issues.

More Fun 105 Sep/Oct 46

Adventure 109 Oct 46

Detective 116 Oct 46

Action 89 Oct 46

All-American 68 Sep/Oct 46

Superman 42 Sep/Oct 46

Flash Comics 76 Oct 46

Batman 37 Oct/Nov 46

All-Star 31 Sep/Oct 46

Worlds Finest 24 Sep/Oct 46

All Flash 20 Fall 46

Green Lantern 17 Fall 46

Star Spangled 49 Oct 46

Sensation 46 Oct 46

Wonder Woman 14 Fall 46

Boy Commandos 12 Fall 46

Comic Cavalcade 17 Oct/Nov 46

Just out of curiosity......why are you interested in books from this particular month/year? Is this a meaningful date for you or just something you decided to collect for no particular reason?

Probably a birth month. cool.gif

BATMAN #37 is one of my favorites. 3 great stories CALLING DR. BATMAN, HOLLYWOOD HOAX, & THE JOKER FOLLOWS SUIT. I always loved seeing the Jokermobile. And the old batgyro, another fave.

But whats with that BATMAN logo??? Can anyone guess whats peculiar about the logo on the cover. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

birth month???d'oh!i am only 26 yrs old,lol!

i bought the batman because i thought the cover was great,i was looking for an affordable GA book with a great cover and came across that one.as for getting the other books in that time frame,i just think it would be a cool"sub-collection"to attempt.there is really no reason why i want to do it other than [!@#%^&^] and giggles,but i will call in the fall of '46 collection in any future posts i make regarding to it stooges.gif

--But whats with that BATMAN logo??? Can anyone guess whats peculiar about the logo on the cover.

is it the blue face?

Yep the blue face of BATMAN in the logo. The 1st time I saw this comic I thought they changed his nationality until I noticed it was blue color. The blue face Batman logo is that way on all of the issues of #37.

I love pointing these trivial things out. FF#4 scuz mark, FF#12 blue dotted "I". Thats just me. I'm known for ponting out the wierd when it comes to comics. insane.gif

Looks like Batman #16 also has this effect, though less pronounced. (I don't own a copy, but Gerbers and the just-release Archives book shows this to be the case).

Cheers,

Z.

batman 37

I forget how long ago it was but a forum member posted a link to an index site where you can get an inventory of books by year. When I have a moment I will try and find it.

I think this is the one you are suggesting:

DC Indexes

There was a poster made by a guy who amassed every book that was on sale the month he bought his first comic book. He layed them out on magazine racks as a recreation of a newsstand from back them. I thought it was pretty nice achievement but also pretty dumb. But everyone collects differently... go for it.

Congratulations on the Batman #37! Do you plan to bust it out of the slab and look at it? I would if you plan to keep it for awhile. Usually there are several house ads with other DC's on sale that month. Golden Age is MAGIC! smile.gif!

this is my first golden age book,i was thrilled to get it,its a cgc 4.0 with no restoration,and one of the coolest covers i have ever seen.i want to buy the books that were released the same month from DC if anyone can help me out with a list.i seriously doubt i will be able to afford a complete Batman run anytime soon,so i will just be picking one up here and there.well anyway.the book is the Oct/Nov 1946 issue,so if anyone knows what Superman,Brave and the bold,flash,whatever was released at that time,i would greatly appreciate the info.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Great buy! Great site too!

DAM

thanks!i better saving up,i dont see those going to cheap,lol.anyone have any of those for sale?

I just sold my Sensation 46 a week ago, but I still have Wonder Woman 14. However, it has a coupon clipped.

-- Joanna