• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Annihilation #6 - the finale <spoilers>

20 posts in this topic

Well, I certainly have enjoyed Annihilation more than Civil War, and the last issue was absolutely awesome! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Finally, we see Galactus in all his glory, majesty, and rage - after being essentially bound and raped of his cosmic power by Annihilus. The final battle with Nova was excellent, and I really liked the touch with Thanos and Death (I guess he really is dead this time grin.gif).

The wrap-up was cool, and will lead nicely into the new Nova series. And Silver Surfer is back to being Galactus' herald!

All in all, I give the series itself an 8 out of 10. 893applaud-thumb.gif

It may not be Thanos. gossip.gif

It usually isn't, but then Nova has this vision near death seeing Thanos and Lady Death side-by-side, so I assume it is him.

Now this being Marvel, that doesn't mean he is dead for long. I am sure he will be back by time warping in the Negative Zone, or something absolutely silly like that... frustrated.gif

It usually isn't, but then Nova has this vision near death seeing Thanos and Lady Death side-by-side, so I assume it is him.

Now this being Marvel, that doesn't mean he is dead for long. I am sure he will be back by time warping in the Negative Zone, or something absolutely silly like that... frustrated.gif

You haven't been reading She-Hulk I take it?

It was revealed that Thanos has clones made of himself for various tasks. So when Thanos is encountered it may not actually be him but a clone. The clones think themselves the original, i.e. Doombots.

It was revealed that Thanos has clones made of himself for various tasks. So when Thanos is encountered it may not actually be him but a clone. The clones think themselves the original, i.e. Doombots.

Oh yes I have, but again, a clone would not be hanging with Lady Death - she at least would know who the original is.

Oh yes I have, but again, a clone would not be hanging with Lady Death - she at least would know who the original is.

I don't think so. While a clone is a replica of the original, it is still a living being. For example, Ben Reilly was a functional person, that had his own traits seperate from Peter Parker. Hence it could be argued that even though they are a clone, they still contain an essence, or soul. So Death may realize them to be a clone, but would not discard the clone as being unfit to stand beside her.

Am I really debating the merits of a comic book clone in such an existential manner?

I don't think so. While a clone is a replica of the original, it is still a living being. For example, Ben Reilly was a functional person, that had his own traits seperate from Peter Parker. Hence it could be argued that even though they are a clone, they still contain an essence, or soul. So Death may realize them to be a clone, but would not discard the clone as being unfit to stand beside her.

Am I really debating the merits of a comic book clone in such an existential manner?

I was enjoying the debat until you mentioned SPIDER CLONE foreheadslap.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifforeheadslap.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

I was enjoying the debat until you mentioned SPIDER CLONE foreheadslap.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifforeheadslap.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

I kinda gave up at that point too... grin.gifpoke2.gif

There is an earlier story arc where Thanos is attacked by 3 clones of himself of various different attributes ie. one being a powerhouse more powerful than thanos, one having their intelligence increased giving them telepathic abilities. I just cannot remember in which title it was, i have a vague idea it was during the warlock and infinity watch title..not sure on it though.

Love this little Best Shots review for Annihilation on Newsarama:

In an age of event comics and crossovers, most of which have dealt primarily with the human condition, it was just plain FUN reading this book. Everything that happened affects the entire UNIVERSE, not just one character. This fact made the book seem more important, like in a history book two hundred years from now, you’d read this: “Annihilation War: The Heroic Richard Rider, who would later reform the Nova Corps and establish a new Kiln and new edge to the universe, heroically led a force to the first destruction of Annihilus. Footnote: On Earth, heroes fought each other. They got over it.”

In an age of event comics and crossovers, most of which have dealt primarily with the human condition, it was just plain FUN reading this book. Everything that happened affects the entire UNIVERSE, not just one character. This fact made the book seem more important, like in a history book two hundred years from now, you’d read this: “Annihilation War: The Heroic Richard Rider, who would later reform the Nova Corps and establish a new Kiln and new edge to the universe, heroically led a force to the first destruction of Annihilus. Footnote: On Earth, heroes fought each other. They got over it.”

KYLE RAYNER DID IT BETTER IN GREEN LANTERN

Who's the Green Lantern this week? confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

Anyway, everyone knows that no one does it better than Hal Jordan grin.gif

Kyle did this exact things years ago.

Marvel Stole from DC.

Marvel Stole from DC.

The "Marvel" answer to that is "No one reads DC, so who's to know?" poke2.gifgrin.gif

There is an earlier story arc where Thanos is attacked by 3 clones of himself of various different attributes ie. one being a powerhouse more powerful than thanos, one having their intelligence increased giving them telepathic abilities. I just cannot remember in which title it was, i have a vague idea it was during the warlock and infinity watch title..not sure on it though.

Infinity Abyss from 2002?

Marvel Stole from DC.

The "Marvel" answer to that is "No one reads DC, so who's to know?" poke2.gifgrin.gif

Marvel" The house of someone else's ideas we stole