• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the Market Red Hot?

39 posts in this topic

There have been a number of books I have had my eye on for months and months (some well over a year), Comic Link, EBay, etc and I swear in the last few weeks every single one of them has sold. Marvel Mystery #2 (2 of them), #9, Human Torch #38, about 6 Young Men books, Sub-Mariner #18, some Centaurs and the list goes on. sign-rantpost.gif

I don't know about the market, but this book seems to be a raging volcano of scorching hotness. devil.gif

Heroic8.jpg

I don't know about the market, but this book seems to be a raging volcano of scorching hotness. devil.gif

Heroic8.jpg

frustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

Have you ever seen such cruelty????

SIX dollars...yep, you heard me right, I'll give you $6 right now for it, no questions asked! smile.gif

rick

27_laughing.gif That reminds me of how every now and then during Ian's quest, RHG would pop a scan of his NA #26 on the boards.

There have been a number of books I have had my eye on for months and months (some well over a year), Comic Link, EBay, etc and I swear in the last few weeks every single one of them has sold. Marvel Mystery #2 (2 of them), #9, Human Torch #38, about 6 Young Men books, Sub-Mariner #18, some Centaurs and the list goes on. sign-rantpost.gif

It must be a figment of your imagination. Surely you know from reading these boards that the comic collector population is ever-declining and that no new blood EVER comes into the hobby! If these books have apparently "sold", the only possible explanation must be be that they're fake sales engineered by various members of the Axis of Evil to manipulate and defraud the market.

27_laughing.gif That reminds me of how every now and then during Ian's quest, RHG would pop a scan of his NA #26 on the boards.

My quest for it is now over though!! cloud9.gif

I missed a lot of that, but did Ian expect people to sell him their prized comics because he was closing in on a complete collection.?

Congratulations! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I missed a lot of that, but did Ian expect people to sell him their prized comics because he was closing in on a complete collection.?

in a nutshell - - - -YES!

Thanks tth! You see, groveling and cash do work sometimes! grin.gif

Not really. He just used the boards to publicize his quest and make it abundantly clear which comics he was missing, and that he would pay very well for them. This was fairly successful, as I believe several people on the boards did help him find some of his missing issues, including I believe NA #26.

To my knowledge he never harrassed RHG for his copy. Ian wasn't a high grade or pedigree maven, though, so even if RHG had been willing to sell his copy, which is the Church copy (and is dead gorgeous), I don't think Ian would've been willing to pay the kind of money that RHG would've wanted.

Yes, the market seems really hot right now. It's not just high dollar books either, I have gotten beaten on almost every auction I have bid on lately....and these weren't "special" books, I probably would have won them most other times.

I'd never seen anyone grovel and pirouette at the same time! 893whatthe.gif

I'd never seen anyone grovel and pirouette at the same time! 893whatthe.gif

Rather graceful wasn't I? shy.gif

Not really. He just used the boards to publicize his quest and make it abundantly clear which comics he was missing, and that he would pay very well for them. This was fairly successful, as I believe several people on the boards did help him find some of his missing issues, including I believe NA #26.

To my knowledge he never harrassed RHG for his copy. Ian wasn't a high grade or pedigree maven, though, so even if RHG had been willing to sell his copy, which is the Church copy (and is dead gorgeous), I don't think Ian would've been willing to pay the kind of money that RHG would've wanted.

Thank's for the info. I bet that was damned exciting when he was closing in on that complet DC set.