• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Avengers 58

12 posts in this topic

Ya the back cover spots hurt, and its always hard to tell a spine on a white book, but this puppy is tight and straight with great gloss and super sharp corners except for the top left which is slight scuff you can see from the scan. The only defects I can see are the back stain spots which are small and the date stamp. However, if it comes back a 6.0 Ill sell it on Ebay for a $0.01 and never submit one again. grin.gif

Well thanks for the heads up on the stains, I was like wow cloud9.gif when i saw it, then i took it out of the bag, nice pages OW/W great spine and corners, then I turned it around. flamed.gif 3 little spots. sorry.gif

The staining will definitely hurt the grade. Probably not worth submitting.

Also, you cropped the bottom of the book, so its hard to tell if there is any bump at the bottom of the spine.

Couple of comments - best SA Avengers cover, looks really great from the front, the date stamp has about the worst possible date I can think of - not that it affects the grade, just unfortunate. I'd be more worried if I could "feel" the spots, ie if they're from slopped coffee or pop, whatever. If it's just brown with no texture they shouldn't drag it down into the 7's in my opinion - which unfortunately don't count for [!@#%^&^]. Nice looking book.

Overall very nice, though a fair amount of "stuff" smile.gif going on both front and back...okay, to clarify, the sheen of dirt, especially along the spine on the front, as well as throughout the back cover.

This seems like a solid candidate for the old Wonder Bread cleaning trick - which I've tried with pretty positive results.

The small stains on back shouldn't drop it more than 1/2 grade, IMHO... they're small, they're on the back, and they don't look 'raised' - i.e., like something that's sitting on the surface of the paper. Nor do they look like they've bled through the cover...

But with all the dirt, I'd guess 6.0 to 7.0 ...CGC's getting harsher on these late SA books...