• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #131 & 132-Winter Soldier tie-in?

6 posts in this topic

Not a big modern reader, but recently I picked up a run of the new Captain America series for the Winter Soldier run (thanks Mikey). Great stuff. Anyway, as they were discussing the histoy of the Winter Soldier, they mentioned how he had gotten loose in the USA back in 1973 & was wandering America in a confused state, before he was brought back to his capturers.

This seemed to fit right in with the Bronze age story of Cap #131 &132 where a confused Bucky, with no memory, was used to attack Cap. That story ended with Cap deciding his attacker was just a pawn to get to him & not the real Bucky. Is Brubaker going to tie this in? He made a point to mention Bucky was lost in New York, where they had no information for 2 weeks. Will there be a huge run on these two Bronze Cap books as the 1st appearance of the Winter Soldier? I don't really follow the modern press, has this been mentioned at all?

Mark

I thought the 'Bucky' in Cap 131-132 was an android and self destructed at the end of the story 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, maybe I need to read it again

That would certainly put some holes in my theory.

It's been a long time since I read it also. I might be thinking about the end to 131 & then in 132 it is revealed he was an android? Guess I might have to do some investigating.

Mark