• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow, check this out!!

17 posts in this topic

Collectors of old video games such as intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Odyssey, etc concentrate on rarity only, where as new video game collectors want rare and good games. My point is each era or age has different reasons for collecting. I'm guessing new collectors love the color computer generated covers where as the golden age collectors love the ink covers. Every generation of collector has to have a niche over the other or everything would become stale and boring.

My kids(12 and 14) are Fascinated by some of the covers on Golden-age books....they don't collect comics AT ALL....but the Golden books are MUCH more appealing to them....why is that????

GA books' colors are generally more vibrant

Collectors of old video games such as intellivision, Atari, Colecovision, Odyssey, etc concentrate on rarity only, where as new video game collectors want rare and good games. My point is each era or age has different reasons for collecting. I'm guessing new collectors love the color computer generated covers where as the golden age collectors love the ink covers. Every generation of collector has to have a niche over the other or everything would become stale and boring.

So, how do you feel about original art as an investment?

I bet he's Krazy about it. (To paraphrase the Centaurman.)

I think if you stick to the covers and KEY artists it is an investment. Problem is you have to be able to afford it, but it is an investment that will bare fruit.

27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

Oh, your just asking Coriac........

27_laughing.gif

Oh, your just asking Coriac........

gossip.gif think krazykat

very pricey

New video game collectors? Is that a joke?

Yes...old collectors want the game, could care less about the quality of the graphics and game play, where as new collectors care about quality...it's supply and demand. Go look up Atari games and then look up Panzer Dragoon Saga for Sega Saturn. Also if a game is sealed will increase value. Some heavy hitters. Dracula X, Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Nes or Snes sealed fetch $200.00 or higher.

I've never seen a game go beyond $500.00

New video game collectors? Is that a joke?

Yes...old collectors want the game, could care less about the quality of the graphics and game play, where as new collectors care about quality...it's supply and demand. Go look up Atari games and then look up Panzer Dragoon Saga for Sega Saturn. Also if a game is sealed will increase value. Some heavy hitters. Dracula X, Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Nes or Snes sealed fetch $200.00 or higher.

I've never seen a game go beyond $500.00

With danger of repeating myself....

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Honestly i feel Chucks pottery fetish more appealing than collecting new video games, and i dont think you care a bit about it either..... just sounds so Krazy makepoint.gif

My kids(12 and 14) are Fascinated by some of the covers on Golden-age books....they don't collect comics AT ALL....but the Golden books are MUCH more appealing to them....why is that????

I have recently become quite enamored with the covers of Startling Comics. If I were to ever venture heavily into GA collecting, I would start with this title.