• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strangest trade you have ever made for comics

57 posts in this topic

I traded a complete Mego doll collection, + a complete set of Magic the Gathering ( 34 sets ) for an Amazing Spiderman run #7-20.

Artboy99

Complete set of Magic? That included the Power 9s? Aren't those worth like $500-1000 each? I don't know much about Magic, but I know alot of the earlier cards are worth serious money.

At the height of the Valiant craze in the early 90s, I traded a stack of pre-unity Valiants (many of which I had paid slightly over cover price for) to a comic show dealer for a Tales of Suspense 39, a Tales to Astonish 27, and an FF 3 + $500 cash. He wanted hot new books he could flip for quick bucks and I wanted Silver Age keys. I thought it was a pretty good deal.... 27_laughing.gif

At the height of the Valiant craze in the early 90s, I traded a stack of pre-unity Valiants (many of which I had paid slightly over cover price for) to a comic show dealer for a Tales of Suspense 39, a Tales to Astonish 27, and an FF 3 + $500 cash. He wanted hot new books he could flip for quick bucks and I wanted Silver Age keys. I thought it was a pretty good deal.... 27_laughing.gif

It sure sounds like a good deal, now. But, in the dealer's defense, he may have made a boat load of cash off those Valiants. Then again, maybe he bought too late? It is possible that it was a good deal on both sides, and those are the best deals in the end.

It sure sounds like a good deal, now. But, in the dealer's defense, he may have made a boat load of cash off those Valiants. Then again, maybe he bought too late? It is possible that it was a good deal on both sides, and those are the best deals in the end.

We both definitely walked away with what we wanted, and that IS why it was a great deal. I'm sure he sold those Valiants for good money -- I had made my money off the ones I had bought and was thrilled to trade some remaining issues for those sweet keys. What made it even sweeter was that I ended up selling the TOS 39 for cash to buy my wife's wedding ring. thumbsup2.gif

...I traded all of the following books at one time or another for crack for my monkey,... New Mutants #98 CGC 9.8,...Sandaman #1 CGC 9.6,...Daredevil #168 NM raw,...Incredible Hulk #340 CGC 9.8,...can't remember all of them,... confused-smiley-013.gif

...I traded all of the following books at one time or another for crack for my monkey,... New Mutants #98 CGC 9.8,...Sandaman #1 CGC 9.6,...Daredevil #168 NM raw,...Incredible Hulk #340 CGC 9.8,...can't remember all of them,... confused-smiley-013.gif

I actually had a guy offer me weed for some comics at a small show in Peoria once. confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

I actually had a guy offer me weed for some comics at a small show in Peoria once. confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

Did you trade him?

Did you trade him?

No, I needed cash, not weed.

angel.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifdevil.gif

I traded a complete Mego doll collection, + a complete set of Magic the Gathering ( 34 sets ) for an Amazing Spiderman run #7-20.

Artboy99

Complete set of Magic? That included the Power 9s? Aren't those worth like $500-1000 each? I don't know much about Magic, but I know alot of the earlier cards are worth serious money.

If 34 sets was a complete set, that would have been over three and a half years ago when P9 prices were about 25-40% lower. Still, I hope those were some nice condition ASMs (and Alpha/Beta were not included in the M:tG).

I've also traded M:tG cards for comics. Between the trade credit the store gave me and the underpriced comics I got with that credit, I basically got FMV for the cards. grin.gif