• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is Super Hot right now?????

57 posts in this topic

1. What Era and Titles are super Hot right now? Modern. Archie is hot

2. What specific books are super Hot right now? Punisher VS Archie

3. What can you see rising to be Super Hot in 3 months? Archie VS wolverine

4. What can you see rising to be Super Hot in 6 months? Betty and Veronica Lingerie Oil special

1. What Era and Titles are super Hot right now? Modern. Archie is hot

2. What specific books are super Hot right now? Punisher VS Archie

3. What can you see rising to be Super Hot in 3 months? Archie VS wolverine

4. What can you see rising to be Super Hot in 6 months? Betty and Veronica Lingerie Oil special

Only the Nude Red Velvet variant issue.

1. What Era and Titles are super Hot right now? early SA Journey into Mystery's, SA spider-man's

2. What specific books are super Hot right now? early SA Journey into Mystery's 86-115 especially 89, 91, 93-95, 101-103, 109, 112, 114, SA spidey's 18, 28 grin.gif

3. What can you see rising to be Super Hot in 3 months? early SA Journey into Mystery's

4. What can you see rising to be Super Hot in 6 months? early SA Journey into Mystery's

If you ask everybody what is hot now and they give you real facts, YOU"RE TOO LATE.

If you want to know what's going to be hot in a few months, you will only get OPINIONS not facts.

If you really want to know the way to make a lot of money in comics:

1) Learn to grade and spot restoration like an expert

2) Have a pile of money available (i.e. over $10K)

3) Bust your [!@#%^&^] looking for someone with a high grade GA/SA/BA collection that you can purchase for near guide prices (which is probably what they will want for it).

4) Send all the NM- and better books to CGC.

At that time, if you did all the thing I said, its possible that you can double or triple your money if most of the books come back from CGC as NM- or better.

Good Luck.

If you ask everybody what is hot now and they give you real facts, YOU"RE TOO LATE.

If you want to know what's going to be hot in a few months, you will only get OPINIONS not facts.

If you really want to know the way to make a lot of money in comics:

1) Learn to grade and spot restoration like an expert

2) Have a pile of money available (i.e. over $10K)

3) Bust your [!@#%^&^] looking for someone with a high grade GA/SA/BA collection that you can purchase for near guide prices (which is probably what they will want for it).

4) Send all the NM- and better books to CGC.

At that time, if you did all the thing I said, its possible that you can double or triple your money if most of the books come back from CGC as NM- or better.

Good Luck.

While I agree with this quote especially the Good Luck part. grin.gif

I think that ASM's especially in the Bronze age are still smoking up the back issue market, just look at the % of CGCs that are ASMs.

The Loeb/Lee Batman run is pretty smokin' and someone told me that the New Titans book sold out 893whatthe.gif didn't even know it was coming out, man I gotta get my head out of the back issue bins and read a Previews mag. 27_laughing.gif

Hello Valiantman,

I agree with you on the valiants. I was picking them up ( the pre unitys) right after their decline years ago when most of the rare ones were $ 3 to $ 4 each. The funny thing is I always saw others picking through the boxes and buying them. Its almost like they were doing it very hush hush so no one would notice. Others used to make fun saying they didnt want to be ashamed being seen buying a valiant. For anyone who bought them AFTER the valiant crash and decided to sell them now, they would make a ton of money. I have been hording them since 1996. Im a happy camper now. I still dont understand why Choas Effect Omega Gold doesnt get a spot higher on the list though. Can you fill me in on this? Is it because other titles are more popular or are they not sure that only 1000 were produced? No speculation here. I just dont know and hope you could shed some light on the question. Also, can I ask you? Is the Habinger ) pink sendaway the only variant of all the pre unity series? I had only started to purchase this book about a year ago due to previous lack of knowledge regarding it as a tough to find book. It is getting harder to find and the price keeps going up.

I still dont understand why Choas Effect Omega Gold doesnt get a spot higher on the list though. Can you fill me in on this?

Well, there are reportedly 1,000 copies.

However, Ebay always has at least one or two for sale...

so the math is arguing that there are more like 5,000 copies...

which makes it like all the other gold variants.

I'm not sure who's right... but the market doesn't respect the 1,000 number,

and it's allowing double the price of normal gold variants...

so it looks like everyone's agreed to fall somewhere in the middle.

Also, can I ask you? Is the Harbinger 0 pink sendaway the only variant of all the pre unity series?

Harbinger 0 Pink sendaway is definitely a great pre-Unity book,

rare (3,500 copies) because it's from the pre-Unity Harbinger 1 - 6 coupons.

The second print of Harbinger 0 (the blue cover from the trade paperback)

is from post-Unity (100,000)...

so I guess what I'm trying to say is that Harbinger 0 Pink isn't a variant.

It's the real deal, one-and-only first print version that's also pre-Unity.

Actually, Archer & Armstrong 0... was a regular issue book, and was out

one month before the Unity crossover.

So, arguably, Archer & Armstrong 0 Gold variant is the ONLY

pre-Unity Variant book. smile.gif

While every company will always have "super-limited" variants that sell for

$10 or even $100... so, there's no real shock that Valiant variants sell for extra.

I think the key "surprise" now about Valiant, 10 years later, is that the

earliest (1991-92) regular editions are now selling for $5 to $25 each.

That makes those $1 and $0.50 bargain bin books HUGE bargains...

since, like you said, people are quietly getting the right Valiant books

for the price of the wrong ones.

Which Valiant books are the "right ones" to buy for $0.50?

Well... I'll gladly pay $1 (double your money!!!) for any NM copies

of the books listed on my "Rescue Pre-Unity" link in my signature below. grin.gif

It interesting that Valiant Pre Unity are slowly gaining steam! At least compared to 6 years or even 3 years ago. Its like they have been discovered again but without the large quick investors spike as in the past. This time, with slow, steady growth. Its nice to see it that way. I believe as you do. That they are here to stay. They used to laugh at me after the valiant crash when I would come back with few gold or silver books at a show and also have in my bag 20 or 30 pre unity pieces. Now, my friends are pondering why they didnt buy some instead of laughing as books I bought for .50 cents to $ 3.00 are now selling easily for $ 25.00 to $ 75.00 depending. Turns out Valiant was a great place to be before the crash and after if you unloaded at the right time.

Have you noticed less of the pre unity books coming up on auction? I wonder about this only cause as popularity grows they should be hoarded more by collectors, especially with only 5000 on some of their print runs. I guess people are flipping them too?

I would really like to see them become the ECs of the future as one person put it on the boards. I think they will find themselves a nice solid place umongst collectors. You have to admit, those stories and covers are the greatest. AND the Rai you posted with Rai in the dragons mouth looks fantastic. I forgot if its number 3 or 4. Im a Magnus 12 cover fan. The dino looks great. Thanks for your help with the info. The Valiant site looks fantastic!!!!

I think that the Valiants = ECs of the future is one of the most interesting comments I have ever heard on the boards. Not sure if it was valiantman, but its a point worth considering. The thing I like about buying Valiants is that ou know you are getting a quality product esp. the story, so you are always a winner regardless of their future value.

Valiants=Atlas/Seaboard is a better comparison.... after 30 years, they are still worthless.

Hey!!!! Keep the Atlas/Seaboards out of this!!! sumo.gif

Jim

Actually, the Valiants were much, much better reads and had much better art than the Atlas/Seaboards. They also had a much longer run. No comparison makepoint.gif

I really enjoyed quite a bit of the stuff Valiant put out.

Valiants=Atlas/Seaboard is a better comparison.... after 30 years, they are still worthless.

Believe it or not, I'm going to AGREE with this statement... for 95% of Valiant.

Valiant books from 1993-94 are in such plentiful quantities that they will

ALWAYS be in the bargain bin boxes... right next to the X-Cutioner's Song,

Death's Head, and the 2099 titles. There's no end to the supply of Turok #1,

Rai #9, and X-O Manowar #0.

But, as I mentioned before...any of those Valiant issues from 1991-92

will not hang around shops and conventions for long if they're priced at $1.

There are about 50 early issues that are quickly disappearing into private

collections... and it's only been 10 years. Wait until the magic "20",

and by 30 years... well... I'd rather have Magnus 12 than a "black bag"

Superman 75 or any of his friends at the funeral.

"Actually, the Valiants were much, much better reads and had much better art than the Atlas/Seaboards. They also had a much longer run. No comparison"

Better art? I don't think so. Neal Adams, Alex Toth, Steve Ditko, John Severin, Russ Heath, Wally Wood, Mike Sekowsky, Frank Thorne and Howard Chaykin all did work for Atlas. 893frustrated.gif

Better reads? Well no kidding!! The Atlas books were written in the early 70's. That comparison can be made for any modern book against a 70's book. makepoint.gif

You think EC is a better comparison to Valiant????? I think not.

Yes Valiant had longer runs, but so what? After Shooter left, the company might as well have stopped publishing since most of the books sucked after that point, and I even think that Valiantman would agree!!

"Valiants=Atlas/Seaboard is a better comparison.... after 30 years, they are still worthless".

I cant agree with this simply because they are already worth something. Like Valiantman, I speak of the pre Unitys. But, once a person reads a few of the pre unitys you wish to look further and read more. The pre-unitys are rising now and are already worth 10 x times and more what they were since 1996. I see nothing but good news for the pre unity series. Although the rest of the books are printed in high number, the reading I believe will spark interest. Hell, they spark interest now. I for one will just keep picking them up. What is really great is that they can be purchased for money that you never really see missing from you wallet. It just doesnt cost that much and the downside is nill.