• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions On E-Bay Transaction

27 posts in this topic

How do I block a bidder? I did so a few years ago and now I can't figure out how to do it, just block classes of bidders.

First off - all you guys need to read the thread and look at the auction - he already left postive feedback, and the jerk negged him afterwords. He can't neg him back, so no need to suggest that again.

As far as the Blob's question, I couldn't figure this out either. My only solution was to hit help, then type in "blocking bidders", and the first topic it gave me eventually dropped into my account profile where I could block this guy.

FYI - these are the other jerks I've run into that I have blocked, this guy is now included.

keeperinct, leonardo447, shannons108, zero2665

Hopefully, none of you are on this list. Would appreciate reciprocity....,

How do I block a bidder? I did so a few years ago and now I can't figure out how to do it, just block classes of bidders.

First off - all you guys need to read the thread and look at the auction - he already left postive feedback, and the jerk negged him afterwords. He can't neg him back, so no need to suggest that again.

As far as the Blob's question, I couldn't figure this out either. My only solution was to hit help, then type in "blocking bidders", and the first topic it gave me eventually dropped into my account profile where I could block this guy.

FYI - these are the other jerks I've run into that I have blocked, this guy is now included.

keeperinct, leonardo447, shannons108, zero2665

Hopefully, none of you are on this list. Would appreciate reciprocity....,

back when i first joined, there was a "blocked bidder list" that was floating around. haven't seen it in a hen's age

Too bad you had already left the positive feedback. I make a point whenever I sell to never leave any feedback until I get feedback first. I'd get someone to buy something off this jerk just to neg him!

I will leave a positive feedback if the buyer has had the item (based on delivery receipt confirmation) for 4-7 days. I figure if someone is going to be a pain, they'll probably do it within a week of receipt.

Thank you to everyone who posted their opinions here and the kind words as well. I really have no idea what this guy was thinking. Honestly, I was just dumb-founded that he complained about what should have been easily seen from the scan.

He didn't ask for a refund in his e-mail, and I first wanted to explain how and why it was graded the way it was, with corroboration from the OSGG, and the thinking that he may have thought as many new collectors think (Very Good is not a high grade at all, even though the term appears to mean otherwise, etc.). He didn't respond to that reply for some reason. I most likely would have given him a refund if he asked for one, but he just went straight to the negative fb without a response.

Good or bad, I do not "bend" when people hold the possibility of negative fb against me, and I am sure many people are the same. Being well aware that as I

approach 4,000 rating, my score would have been rounded off to 100% again. There are buyers out there that feel they can hold that against you, thinking that you are "vunerable" in a sense.

I do admit to acting emotionally when filling out a response, as I had a "long" week with work and all, working all day and nights extracting data from a very large corrupted excel file in a very tedious fashion.

Obviously, there has to be a fine reasonable line as far as disclosing defects in a comic. Missing pages, pinups, stamps clipped, coupons clipped, staples loose, back cover with considerable wear, etc.

In those cases where it was not disclosed in the auction description, I offer full refunds,

Thanks again,

Eric

Spider-ManInfo