• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COLTS WIN!!!

80 posts in this topic

I was forced to take the Colt's by my 16 year old son who wanted the Bears.

Thank goodness because it was my last double or nothing chance to break even after he kicked my *spoon* in the Bowl season. I would have made some big money if I called in his picks. 893whatthe.gif

I'm not a huge football fan but I'm really glad the Colts won! The Colts' train off season at my alma mater (Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, IN) and during my time on the school's newspaper, I got to know some of the players and coaches. Aside from them taking up the weightroom and the tons of press around campus all summer, it was a great atmosphere to have them around. My roommate even played basketball many times with Tony Dungy's youngest son.

My favorite Colts story was when a couple of students played a prank on the team. They took one of the trainers' golf carts and stranded it on a dock in a middle of a pond. I heard many of the players and coaches thought the prank was hilarious and protested when the school administration dealt harsh punishment to the tricksters.

There really was a great community atmosphere and it hit the school hard when Tony's son James committed suicide last year. It's been tough seeing the team get so close to the big game but choking up at the last minute the last few years. Even though I'm a Bostonian now, I'm glad the Colts finally beat the Pats (really, they've had enough glory lately - and now it's a real rivalry!) and finally not only got to the big game, but took it home!

yay.gif

-Bob

Now we are on TRACK!

(I was about to fall asleep with all these bloody wanker bear fans)

Go Get 'em Sho'Nuff!

headbang.gif

27_laughing.gif and you talk about maturity. Anyways..

I was rooting for the Bears because of a bet, nothing more. I thought BOTH teams played pathetic and Bears can't blame just Grossman. The team together got there and failed, but losing in the Superbowl is something to be proud of anyways. I was expecting a close game and score wise it was. Congrats to Colts fans smile.gif

Now we are on TRACK!

(I was about to fall asleep with all these bloody wanker bear fans)

Go Get 'em Sho'Nuff!

headbang.gif

27_laughing.gif and you talk about maturity. Anyways..

I was rooting for the Bears because of a bet, nothing more. I thought BOTH teams played pathetic and Bears can't blame just Grossman. The team together got there and failed, but losing in the Superbowl is something to be proud of anyways. I was expecting a close game and score wise it was. Congrats to Colts fans smile.gif

acclaim.gif

i'm glad peyton got the mvp. He is a real class act. (unlike our pacers)

I (like the announcers) thought that it should of been shared by the backs that were

the workhoerses of the night...

That rushing duo was bad to the bone!

But on the other hand, I can see peyton with it too.

hail.gif

i'm glad peyton got the mvp. He is a real class act. (unlike our pacers)

I (like the announcers) thought that it should of been shared by the backs that were

the workhoerses of the night...

That rushing duo was bad to the bone!

But on the other hand, I can see peyton with it too.

hail.gif

i agree with peyton being MVP! He Was the field marshal out there! He did an excellent job of running that offense!

I don't have a lot of confidence in Grossman's decision making. Maybe that will get better, but with all the intense speculation regarding his performance, I'm not sure. If he was allowed to develop at a slower rate, maybe he would mature into the QB that he could be.

Sadly -- I'm not sure that will happen. I'm not quite certain who out there would be a significantly better choice though. Of course, I thought that if Garcia was available, they might consider him. But one of the main things he doesn't do well is throw the deep ball...

Garcia may not have a rocket arm, but as we saw this year when he was chucking bombs to Stallworth, his deep ball is better than those wet noodles Grossman was throwing into the air. Besides, Garcia is a west coast offense guy, and with a possession receiver like Muhsin Muhammad who runs crisp routes, he could be very effective. Plus, Garcia is smart, tough, and mobile (three things we can't say about Grossman) and is a good, veteran leader (another thing we can't say about Grossman). If Garcia had been under center for the Bears, they'd have won the game IMO. I don't think the Bears will make a run for him, but they should. With Mike Brown and Tommie Harris back (assuming that Harris is healed up, which is questionable) the Bears' defense will be dominant again next year. They are just a quarterback away from being able to win it all.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Grossman's decision making. Maybe that will get better, but with all the intense speculation regarding his performance, I'm not sure. If he was allowed to develop at a slower rate, maybe he would mature into the QB that he could be.

Sadly -- I'm not sure that will happen. I'm not quite certain who out there would be a significantly better choice though. Of course, I thought that if Garcia was available, they might consider him. But one of the main things he doesn't do well is throw the deep ball...

Garcia may not have a rocket arm, but as we saw this year when he was chucking bombs to Stallworth, his deep ball is better than those wet noodles Grossman was throwing into the air. Besides, Garcia is a west coast offense guy, and with a possession receiver like Muhsin Muhammad who runs crisp routes, he could be very effective. Plus, Garcia is smart, tough, and mobile (three things we can't say about Grossman) and is a good, veteran leader (another thing we can't say about Grossman). If Garcia had been under center for the Bears, they'd have won the game IMO. I don't think the Bears will make a run for him, but they should. With Mike Brown and Tommie Harris back (assuming that Harris is healed up, which is questionable) the Bears' defense will be dominant again next year. They are just a quarterback away from being able to win it all.

Garcia is definitely under-rated (mostly because of his awful stint in D-Town, but who WOULDN'T be awful there) and I would love to see what he could do with the Bear's offense. I agree with everything you just said, good analysis.

Hard to believe now that Garcia used to be a back up QB up here in the CFL. Used to exchange words with him during Winnipeg Blue Bomber games when Calgary came to town. ( He was backing up Doug Flutie at the time ). Good for him.. too old by NFL standards (36) to be traded to lead a good team like the Bears IMO. Plus, here's marrying a Playboy Playmate... he should be happy to hold a clipboard and conserve some energy.