• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite ASM Covers

77 posts in this topic

Always been partial to this baby myself...

ASM #151

Still searching for an ultra high grade copy. Very elusive. 893frustrated.gif

LS,

That's a great cover! I've always liked that one too. I've also found that one to be annoyingly tough in high grade! The latest high grade CGC'd 151 on ebay went for solid dough!

There are two that I wish you could all see. To bad I can't find a scanned image of them. They are...

The original version of the cover of AMAZING FANTASY #15 as drawn by STEVE DITKO, and the original version of the cover of ASM #10 as drawn by DITKO. The only place I can think of where you could see these two alternate covers is on the back of THE OFFICIAL MARVEL INDEX TO THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 & #2.

As far as a actual ASM fave I'd have to go with #4 the SANDMAN panel battle cover.

I hear you HighVoltage. I picked up this copy from an overgrader extraordinaire who will remain unnamed. She had it listed on eBay as NM/M with a fuzzy scan. I took a shot only cause it's one of my favorite covers of all time. Book in hand I'd call it VF/NM at best. mad.gif

the original AF15 cover is somewhere on these threads, and i'll agree with you on the ASM 4, always liked that split panel cover. i mentioned that as one of my fave spidey covers in the original thread from last year.

the original AF15 cover is somewhere on these threads, and i'll agree with you on the ASM 4, always liked that split panel cover. i mentioned that as one of my fave spidey covers in the original thread from last year.

I'm not talking about the AF15 cover your all use to seeing. This is the cover that DITKO drew originally that didn't make it onto the comic. Like I said before, the only place I know where you can see this version is on the back cover of OFFICIAL INDEX OF SPIDER-MAN #1. When I fist layed eyes on it I felt this is the cover that should of been on AF15.

I'm not talking about the AF15 cover your all use to seeing. This is the cover that DITKO drew originally that didn't make it onto the comic. Like I said before, the only place I know where you can see this version is on the back cover of OFFICIAL INDEX OF SPIDER-MAN #1. When I fist layed eyes on it I felt this is the cover that should of been on AF15.

This IT

AF15Alternate.gif

Somebody post the cover to 188.

That's a beauty to see in high grade.

I would post it, but *someone* is holding my books hostage I think. I waiting on the ransome note any day now. 893frustrated.gif

I can't believe #300 hasn't made the thread yet, as well.

OK. I spoke too soon.

The CGC fairy visited today. laugh.gif

asm188.jpg

I'm fond of this one as well. Great pose and action by John Byrne...

asm189.jpg