• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Early Marvel OO Collection (including FF1)

389 posts in this topic

As I related in the Comics General section, this is an OO collection that walked into a friend of mine's shop. The owner was the son-in-law of a guy who passed away recently and these almost ended up in the trash. He thought they might be worth something and brought them to my friend.

I looked at them yesterday and asked him if it would be okay if I offered them for sale here on the board. He agreed to let me test the waters and see how things would move.

Most of the books are lower grade. They were stored in bread bags for many years and stacked. Most of them have at least some spine curl -- what you would expect to see from books that were stacked for 40 years.

Anyway, I have included links to high res scans. Please base you decision on what you see. I will gladly answer questions. I will be working my way through a long box as time allows so check back often. Most books will be under guide.

Post takeit.gif to reserve a book. Shipping is $5 for Priority Mail.

First up -- the king-daddy of the collections...

Fantastic Four #1, nice solid 2.0 copy... $1,100

Notes:

-- Marvel Chipping

-- Centerfold is detached

-- Near Mr. Fantastic's leg is a piece that is about to come off -- just barely hanging on.

-- The tear through Reed's speach bubble and the on through his left arm go through the book.

Front Cover (high res) Back Cover (high res)

FantasticFour_001.jpg

FantasticFour_001_bk.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #2, .5 ... $25

Notes:

-- Beat but complete

-- Two centerfolds are deteched and quite hammered.

-- Tear on the left side (thru the Vulture's wing) goes thru the book.

Front Cover (high res) Back Cover (high res)

takeit.gif

893censored-thumb.gif $25?!? 893censored-thumb.gif

Butters is crying right now... foreheadslap.gif