• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 94 CGC 9.6 - eBay SCAM?

43 posts in this topic

hes a second one he sent to me

cgc2.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Your faith in this seller is touching...and it's a nice try (again!)...but this label scan is obviously different from the label in the auction. The issue title & PQ are the same, but both the serial number and the label notes are clearly different.

Smarter scammers, please. makepoint.gif

here try this one the other didnt work

xmencgc.jpg

Hurst,

It's not my book in this guy's scan. But, the scan of the label doesn't match his book either. You can see that the scan in his auction simply states, "New X-Men begin" in the grader's notes. The grader's notes in my copy and in the label he emailed you, are much more extensive and mention the second appearance of several characters.

Also, if you look closely at the book in the scan, the last five numbers seem to be 77011, not even close to the 69003 in the label he sent you.

This auction has several obvious warning signs that it is a scam. I know you feel he is legit because he emailed from another account with 100% positive feedback but it is possible that he hijacked that account. It happens. In fact, it happened to me once and people got emailed from my 100% positive account offering to sell alloy wheels, binoculars and all kinds of electronic gadgets.

xmencgc.jpg

Huh. Same serial number as this copy from Scoop. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But there's no way the seller coulda Googled this issue and stolen this scan? No, no, couldn't happen... confused-smiley-013.gif

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=5606&si=121

Good catch! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Looking forward to hear how the story will change yet again...if our friend comes back at all. sleeping.gif

lol This gets better and better.

Hurst is bound to be the seller. I'm calling shennanigans. (And maybe bad spelling. I'm not sure I spelled that right at all.)

It's an OBVIOUS scam. And if Hurst can't see that, then there's one conclusion easily drawn. The seller.

xmencgc.jpg

Huh. Same serial number as this copy from Scoop. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif But there's no way the seller coulda Googled this issue and stolen this scan? No, no, couldn't happen... confused-smiley-013.gif

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=5606&si=121

Nice job! That clears up where the scan came from. BronzeBruce used to track all those eBay auctions and could probably tell us who the buyer was in 2004.

Here's a suggestion...if he really has the book (and we all know that he doesn't)...but let's just SAY for sake of this thread...

..have someone take a digital picture of you (herr Hurst) holding the book in one hand and todays paper in the other.

And wear a sign around your neck that says "I am not a duche."

Anybody click on Hurst's profile?

Even his fake name sends off alarms.

lol This gets better and better.

Hurst is bound to be the seller. I'm calling shennanigans. .

Shennanigans? Why, you couldn't fit your balls in Jennifer Love Hewitt's mouth? 27_laughing.gif Love that episode.

If this was a less civilized board... oh man

But in the interest of not derailing the thread....

He's asking about the price of X-Men 1 in the Grading Forum. So he must be legit. *snicker* Either that, or his next EBay picture swipe auction will be for an X-Men 1.

HPIM1197.jpg

This doesn't do anything for me either. As soon as he sent a scan of a label from one book claiming it was the label for the book he was selling (which is clearly untrue), his credibility dropped to zero. This is a bogus auction.

ok well he sent me and someother guy a pic of the comics. he sent me 2 more. as soon as i get them in my photo acct ill put the IMG on here smile.gif

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Auction over. No scams...errr....scans. yeahok.gif

It looks like eBay canceled the auction. I asked the seller for some other pictures too. He was very responsive to the email...but no pictures yet.

ok well he sent me and someother guy a pic of the comics. he sent me 2 more. as soon as i get them in my photo acct ill put the IMG on here smile.gif

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Auction over. No scams...errr....scans. yeahok.gif

It looks like eBay canceled the auction. I asked the seller for some other pictures too. He was very responsive to the email...but no pictures yet.

Interesting. When I looked last the auction had eneded - can't remember the price or high bidder but was bidder17 I think - lol - but noticed that bidder had no star next to the name so think it was a zero FB one? Now I see it is indeed removed. Good for that but what the heck TOOK ebay so long?