• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay scam alert. Beware!

9 posts in this topic

Some of you may have seen the beautiful one-owner golden age comics being auctioned off by ebay seller godiva1218 over the last few weeks. A bunch of us were discussing the Superman #15 in General recently, and she has tons of other GA auctions going on right now.

I was the underbidder on her Superman #3 last week, and just received a Second Chance offer which appeared to be from her. This offer came to my ebay account and was in my ebay My Messages folder, like all legit offers should be, but I was more than a bit suspicious by the wording & particulars of the offer. I contacted the seller by asking a question through a current auction of hers, and she responded right away:

I was the victim of an account takeover by a third party and they added second chance offers....I have worked with ebay to rectify the situation..sorry for any issues...

So there you have it. Do not respond to any second chance offers that appear to be from this seller...they are scams.

Jon

You got it...happy to spread the word.

The bogus offer was directing me to an aol email...and the real seller responded to my ebay question right away, so it would seem she is now in control of her account. As long as you use a reasonable amount of caution, it's probably OK to bid on the new auctions? You're right though, not ideal. Your call I guess. confused-smiley-013.gif

You got it...happy to spread the word.

The bogus offer was directing me to an aol email...and the real seller responded to my ebay question right away, so it would seem she is now in control of her account. As long as you use a reasonable amount of caution, it's probably OK to bid on the new auctions? You're right though, not ideal. Your call I guess. confused-smiley-013.gif

Think I'll pass for now......better safe than sorry. thumbsup2.gif

Some of you may have seen the beautiful one-owner golden age comics being auctioned off by ebay seller godiva1218 over the last few weeks. A bunch of us were discussing the Superman #15 in General recently, and she has tons of other GA auctions going on right now.

I was the underbidder on her Superman #3 last week, and just received a Second Chance offer which appeared to be from her. This offer came to my ebay account and was in my ebay My Messages folder, like all legit offers should be, but I was more than a bit suspicious by the wording & particulars of the offer. I contacted the seller by asking a question through a current auction of hers, and she responded right away:

I was the victim of an account takeover by a third party and they added second chance offers....I have worked with ebay to rectify the situation..sorry for any issues...

So there you have it. Do not respond to any second chance offers that appear to be from this seller...they are scams.

Jon

I don't know about second chance offers, but this seller was ok for my one transaction. It came in mail today, I posted on timely thread. The only issue I had was he/she didn't add insurance to package even though I selected the 12.00 option. Fortunately it came fine and well packed...so no issue. They did refund the 12.00, so they made it right. Cap59.jpg

Guys,

before deleting the items from your watch list you should contact the seller.

It seems that the auctions are legit but the 2nd chance offers fake.

Seems the seller is being penalised twice for account hijacking.

Maybe e-bay can confirm that the auctions are real?

For once they may do something as they will lose out on fees otehrwise.